FJ's no longer being imported?

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by rocket308, Feb 13, 2009.

1. rocket308

rocket308

Just spoke with a guy that does mods in the Nashville, TN area and he just told me that he was at a local dealer today and the dealer said that no more FJ's are going to be shipped to the US. What is here is what is here. I just bought one a couple weeks ago and went back and checked inventory at the 5 dealerships I shopped and no one has new inventory. I know these rumors are floating around but this was offered w/o me broaching the subject. Anyone able to confirm or deny?

2. tddfj

tddfj

could have somthig to do with toyota shutting down production for 11 days and there were none to ship. cause the rumor i got from dealer was that the 4runner was going to be cut and fj made with a 4 door to cator to more people.

3. Corey

Corey

Media:
    Exactly what I heard too last year from up high in the Toyota food chain.

4. drunkstu80

drunkstu80

I hate rumor mills. I'll wait until Toyota Motor Corp makes an announcement. Remember...we as owners still kknow more than 99.9% of the dealers out there. JMHO

5. DEWFPO

DEWFPO

x2

dewfpo

6. pman

pman

I wouldn't take anything you here from a dealer seriously when it comes to the future of the FJ. As was said, we know more than 99.9% of the dealers.

There is no way that would happen. The 4runner has been around since like 1985, it has a name and a reputation (sort of like the LandCruisers). For that reason alone they will keep it, it is a far more profitable platform for Toyota. The FJ will be dead long before the 4Runner is.

Just my .02

7. NYCTRD

NYCTRD

Toyota is going to ship what sells. The Japanese have never been a culture to "knee-jerk" their decisions.

I just hope they realize the P.R. value in producing niche vehicles for the enthusiast...like the off-roaders. It add's a lot of cred to the brand (if crumbling fender apron problems don't get advertised to broadly)!

8. BoondockSaint03

BoondockSaint03

Media:
    Albums:
    Rumor

X3 I have spoken to some that said that they wouldn't ship the '09 model until the dealor is rid of all the '08 models. Those people have seen the 09.

9. RACERX24

RACERX24

Toyota is shipping the 09 model into the states..We have a couple that will hit the store any day..This will be the last year..

10. N4WOX

N4WOX

I have been hearing on the FJ forum this was going to be the last year too. Is this just all rumor or is there any fact behind this, I guess I just need proff before I will belive it.

11. Rbp-7-(Ooz)

Rbp-7-(Ooz)

More rumors...

I find it difficult to believe a 'green' website, but I found this on the web:

Fuel costs shift Toyota product plans, FJ Cruiser and new Supra dead

Bottom line for me... I was going to wait for a 2010 model but i will snag a 09 ASAP.
    :censor:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.