FJ80 Stero Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

retrofive

rɛtrəʊ
SILVER Star
Threads
FJ80 Stereo Install

So after reading through the forums looking for info, I finally just went out and searched for the harness to install a after-market stereo.

I found the obvious solution to use the amp bypass (2 grey connectors), leaving only the 4 door speakers running.

And then the company Peripherals that makes a simple adjustable cross-thru box along with the the factory cable to attach direct to the existing white connector (1x15pin).

So I put in a basic Sony HU with Ipod, aux, etc found in most decks these days, wired up this unit, and have all the speakers running. I know the stock speakers are nothing fancy along with the amp, but hey they are there so I wanted to use them all until I can do a complete stereo install.

There are 2 peices needed for the install. The cable, and Unit. The site sucks or I would leave the exact URL. But here is the start, search for your FJ80 and you'll find the 2 needed.

Peripheral Electronics=

Hope it helps if needed.

Last edited:
Nice job. :cheers:

However...
worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

Ok, Ok. I need to run the Ipod cable to glove box. Right now its just hanging dead center of the console. I promise Pics's when I dissamble again.

The wiring is all straight foward, The HU came with the typical wiring details, and the harness from Peripherals has each cable color coded and printed of what it is.

The 2 parts are:
SVHTL1
SVEN4

Very nice.

I ran my iPod cable somewhere else, and it's NOT the glovebox NOR the center console.

And no one will be told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom