FJ80 Master Power Window Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those with access to a pick n pull junkyard, you can pull these from a 3rd generation Camry. All you need to do is swap the trim.

Second this. Direct plug-n-play, just switch the trim. No wiring changes at all. There are oodles of junked camrys in the world... Why bother with knockoffs?

Second this. Direct plug-n-play, just switch the trim. No wiring changes at all. There are oodles of junked camrys in the world... Why bother with knockoffs?

There are no Cruisers or 3rd generation Camrys in salvage yards in the greater Kansas City area.

I went SwitchDoctor 3 years ago and am delighted with the results.

I’ve had mixed results with the switch doctors switches. But for $25 it was worth it...

Now, the individual cheapo switches for like $7 from uxcell are absolute hammered dogsh!t

There are no Cruisers or 3rd generation Camrys in salvage yards in the greater Kansas City area.

Begs the question, do other years of Camry not work for this? I actually thought the switch I'd put in was from a different generation.

I purchased one of these switch doctors through amazon. It works well in my 1996 and the switches have less play/feel tighter. So far I like it but I'm worried the switches will crack at the pivot tabs after a while. We'll see.

I stumbled across this item the other day, which looked really familiar.
Electric Power Window Master Switch For Toyota 2004-2009 Camry Sienna

Lees than $25, free shipping. Buying genuine is a guarantee of something meeting the grade. Non-genuine might or might not be, but with global parts sourcing a reality now the factory making a part that some might consider to be a knock-off might be doing that because they're the actual source of an OEM part. Then again, maybe not. Got no idea here. Some parts are critical, I spent $175 on a couple of front brake lines from Mr. T the other day, but those are mission critical. A window switch? not so much so long as it works right and plugs up. My original is working fine and very well could continue doing so, which does say smething about relative value and the time it takes to make your investment in whatever parts you buy pay off.

I stumbled across this item the other day, which looked really familiar.
Electric Power Window Master Switch For Toyota 2004-2009 Camry Sienna

Lees than $25, free shipping. Buying genuine is a guarantee of something meeting the grade. Non-genuine might or might not be, but with global parts sourcing a reality now the factory making a part that some might consider to be a knock-off might be doing that because they're the actual source of an OEM part. Then again, maybe not. Got no idea here. Some parts are critical, I spent $175 on a couple of front brake lines from Mr. T the other day, but those are mission critical. A window switch? not so much so long as it works right and plugs up. My original is working fine and very well could continue doing so, which does say smething about relative value and the time it takes to make your investment in whatever parts you buy pay off.

That looks exactly like the switch doctor I got.

Genuine Toyota ones are $11 at pick-n-pull around here. Seriously, it's one of the easiest parts on the whole truck to salvage and install. Why are people buying cheezy knockoffs?

Because not everyone lives near a junkyard full of 80s . You should go pull a bunch, test them, then sell them for us unfortunate souls at a reasonable cost.

Because not everyone lives near a junkyard full of 80s ...

Ding. Ding. Ding. And we have a winner.

I doubt that I could drive there, check in, find a suitable donor, extract it, get checked out and get home for the $11 difference. The China-direct part would be clean and new. The PnP part would definitely get here faster...if you lived somewhere with lush gardens of junk. I've heard of such places but never been that lucky. But I'm originally from southern Indiana and I've seen folks go through obsecne contortions to say they saved more than the next guy. I understand, just not my thing. My thing is buy the best quality you can afford and you can always afford to make it safe.

Because not everyone lives near a junkyard full of 80s . You should go pull a bunch, test them, then sell them for us unfortunate souls at a reasonable cost.

I don't live near a junkyard full of 80s either. But my local p-n-p certainly has a bunch of camrys. That's the point, there's nothing 80-specific about this part. It's a power window switch that Toyota shared with some really common models, not a diff lock actuator.

For those of you who changed out the master switch, was it because some of the passenger windows were not working and did that fix it? Both of my rear windows don't work, both front windows do work. I swapped the front passenger switch (which works) to each window in the back and neither rear window worked with the working passenger switch. Window lock was not on. I also swapped the rear switches to the front passenger window and they both worked so the rear switches appear fine. I'm wondering if the master switch is bad if that would cause the rear windows not to work, despite the switches at those doors working or if I have bigger problems like motors/wiring...etc. Thanks for your thoughts.

Been using my switchdoctor window switch for a couple of years now. Installed easy, no issues so far. Mine is the later model though.

One nice feature is that mine had the auto up and auto down feature built in. Not sure if they all have it or what, but mine does.:smokin:

Yep it looks like the auto up/down feature is standard.

I put a switch doctor panel in our Honda. Works well. Also has the auto-up feature. The one on the 80 still works for now.

For those of you who changed out the master switch, was it because some of the passenger windows were not working and did that fix it? Both of my rear windows don't work, both front windows do work. I swapped the front passenger switch (which works) to each window in the back and neither rear window worked with the working passenger switch. Window lock was not on. I also swapped the rear switches to the front passenger window and they both worked so the rear switches appear fine. I'm wondering if the master switch is bad if that would cause the rear windows not to work, despite the switches at those doors working or if I have bigger problems like motors/wiring...etc. Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes. My LR window was not working and I swapped door switches from door to door trying to fix the problems. When my RR door started acting up and I read more on the threads here, I discovered that the power for the individual door switches had to go through the master first.

I swapped out the master switch and all my windows worked again. Still slow and need new runs, but they work.

Yes. My LR window was not working and I swapped door switches from door to door trying to fix the problems. When my RR door started acting up and I read more on the threads here, I discovered that the power for the individual door switches had to go through the master first.

I swapped out the master switch and all my windows worked again. Still slow and need new runs, but they work.

Great, thanks for the information. For $25 I'll probably get it and give it a chance to get my rear windows working again.

Great, thanks for the information. For $25 I'll probably get it and give it a chance to get my rear windows working again.

That was exactly the way I viewed it. I had taken my master switch apart and rebuilt it twice in attempts to improve its function. It took me a while to figure out that ALL of the internal rocker arms were bent and warped from years of heat and use and arcing, I decided to spend the $45 (at that time) to buy the SwitchDoctor and move on. It was well worth the money I spent.

I replaced the master switch with a Switch Doctor part in late April 2018. I'm now in the process of filing a warranty claim to replace the defective unit (Front PS window button quit working).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom