FJ62 Where can I buy the rear output shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have only had my 88 Fj62 for about 3 weeks and the auto went out on me, meaning the front seal blew out. The trans shop said a valve was stuck most likely caused the seal to blow out, and the rear output shaft is very bad. I am going to go ahead and rebuild it while the trans is out cost is roughly $2000 without a new shaft, as I cant afford the Wholesale trans stuff just yet. I live 50 miles north of Dallas, Tx. However, I am having a really hard time finding a rear output shaft for a decent price. I have a used extra but its not in great condition either. Toyota discontinued the part. I have tried the following places:
Man a Fre - they have a used one only for $350
Specter- nope
Cool Cruisers- nope
Cruiser Corps- nope
Cruiser Parts.net - they have a used one for $275 but will take a week to get it here and no pics of condition. New for over $500
West Coast Cruisers- website says they have a re-splined unit for $438. but no one answers the phone, I left a voice msg and sent an email.

PM Georg (Orangefj45). He may have the part. He's a cruiser guru purrrrrfessional in N. Cal who frequents the board.

Just as an FYI, you could put a 5spd H55 trans (manual) for that money ... Just sayin'.

Ill try "orangefj45" thanks for the help. The only H55 's that I have seen are new and going for $2500-2900 area and then ill spend another $750-$1000 adding in all clutch pedal, etc.

Whats the possibility new welding bead around its circumference could be laid on the shaft, then removed with a lathe? Some times custom work can be done in half the time then calling all over the country. I once had to re-size a pulley from another diesel to fit on the crank shaft of my truck. Total time to do this was two hours.

ZDOG....I went to the site. Is the isuzu trans the same? It lists an A440 and output shaft??? Anyone know if that sounds right, and if 7.5" in size is correct? That would be great as the price is right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom