fj62 transmission shifting problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tornadoalleycruisers.com
Picked up an 88fj62 over the weekend....I just wanted the axles for my 40, but the wife wants to keep the car. 150,000 miles, runs great, but the tranny doesn't shift past second. The 1-2 and reverse shifts and nice an firm, no slop in the driveline, it's full of fluid that deosn't smell burnt...What do I do? I can rebuild amnual gearboxes, but never touched an auto:) Time to pull the pan, clean the valve body, powerflush and pray? Any and all insights appreciated...thanks!

Try the flush-a-roo. For the $100 it may help. Experience had our sticking from 1 - 2 not in the upper gears (at 155k miles, approx). Sounds like a rebuild which could run upwards of $2500 depending on parts.

Ming

the 62 doesn't have overdrive does it??

R-1-2-D should be your selections....on the C6 in my motorhome, R-1 use one set of bands, 2-3 a different set. Snapped the band for the R-1 coming back from Tellico once, balance of trip spent carefully filling the fuel where it faced downhill so I could start in 2nd - and never backup!!

I have a few autos if you need one in Ca. They all seem to have sloppy output shafts but came out of drivers.

It does not bode well :-[

Flush it a few times. It will take 3+ times to get 100% flush. Drop the pan, change the filter etc... it can be very difficult to find a shop that will rebuild it for any price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom