FJ62 Stereo Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is the fj62 radio wiring harness the same as an fj60 please let me know.:popcorn::bounce:

The 87 FJ60 should be the same but earlier one 60s would be different. I have a 89 FJ62 FSM if you need anymore information on the wiring. On the wiring plugs (2) just go to a pick and pull junk yard and cut the plugs you need off of a 87 or newer Toyota. All the kits have the female plug to wire a after market radio to the factory wiring harness. I'm not sure the newer toyotas plug's are still the same as the 87 thru 2002? I do know I'm running a 2001 Tundra amp and 6 CD head unit in my 89.

John

finally got the right harness. wired it all up. plugged in the scion radio. turned on the key and... nothing. clock is on, so power is good, right? I blew that fuze a few times... oh, and the scion radio? It doesn't fit. close, but no. you need to cut plastic to get it in... and then it doesn't set back in the recess, but on top of it. what a PITA this dam radio has been.
scion radio in a 62? it's plugs in. i bet it would even sound nice if I could get it to power up. oh well. guess I keep singing in traffic. suckers.

So I'm looking to do this Scion conversion... and have 2 quick questions:

Which year/model Scion CD player do I want? I noticed on eBay that there are a couple of versions. All head units look to be the same on the front, but the location of the plugs on the back is different between the 05 and 06 models currently posted on eBay. Not sure if this even matters -hoping someone can clarify for me...

Also, do I need to pull the dash apart to perform the swap? (I currently have the OEM unit in there.) If not, what's the best way to pull the OEM unit out w/out damaging the dash?

Thanks!

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom