FJ62 Body off frame - tips / tricks / recommendations... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbie here. I just got the body off my rusty frame and am going to do a rolling frame sandblasting. A couple of top of mind things I'm going to do are replace brake lines. And I'll need a new body mount kit.

For the brake lines, I was going to go with -- 1988-90 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 (Four-Door) Power Disc Complete Brake Line Kit 12pc, Stainless - https://www.inlinetube.com/products/stlb8801

Found another thread on there regarding a body mount kit... Seems other folks have used and are recommending -- 4Crawler Offroad - Custom Body Lift Kits - https://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml#PolyBushings

Thoughts / experience with either of the above or other recommendations for that matter are welcome...

Then also wanted to ask a broad brush question... and see if anyone has any tips, tricks, recommendations... maybe something you wish you coulda, woulda, shoulda done, changed, modified etc... if you had the opportunity to do work with the body off...

Thanks in advance!

20230323_194734.jpg

20230323_194759.jpg

I would do all OEM on the body mounts. A lot more expensive but most prefer the originality these days. I keep a full set in stock.

I also only use OEM hoses for the soft brake lines unless it's something with a ton of travel where a crazy long custom hose is needed

This is a timely thread since I'm now debating removing the body from my truck. It seemed daunting for a long time but the longer my list of projects/repairs got the more I realized that 50-60% of them could be accomplished much easier/faster/thoroughly if I were to take the body off. The project that was sort of the tipping point was the C-Channel repair. After looking at a bunch of threads and builds it seems like the amount of time it would take to do the C-channel repair on my back with the body on is equal to the amount of time it would take to remove the body. How are your C-channels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom