FJ62 4L60e Shift Kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a question for you guys.
Currently running a 4L60e with my LT1 in the Cruiser. Plan to replace my tranny pan with an aluminum pan w/ drain plug, and figure'd that it might be worth adding a mild shift kit (maybe even a stage II) due to the weight of this rig.
Any thoughts?

My transmission guy, who builds race trans all the time, says the B&M is crap & used "the good stuff" when he rebuilt mine. Says the harsh shifts are not good for longevity & neither are the Powerglide type they come with from the factory. Mine shifts firmly & quickly now. I'd have to dig to find his info, so PM me if you want to pick his brain.

On another note, have you ever looked into Powertrain Control Solutions? http://www.transmissioncontroller.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=4

They have developed a black box to allow you to control your trans manually, including the lockup. You could even put paddle switches on your steering wheel & have an automanual.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but poor reviews of the B&M kits. Found a large number of positives for the Transgo kits. Seems its the "Cats Meow" for the LT1/LS crowds, and placed an order from Summit. Will post up once I get back from DC.

TRANSGO 4L60 E SHIFT KIT INFO....so how did it work and what did you replace? I am getting prepared to do this next...so please feel free to share what you have with us...thanks

I did a 5.7 with the 4l60e in my 60. The 4l60e was rebuilt with the corvette servo to start than I had my transmission guy do the adjustments with differant springs/modifications/miscelaneous new parts. Honestly I don't know what he did exactly but it shifts much firmer through the gears and when I towed with it it really made a differance. You can tell there is much quicker shifts and a lot less slipping.

My trans guy put the Transgo kit in mine as well and bumped the steels and clutches from 7 to 9. Basically I ended up with a race tranny minus the hard shift cause I didn't want the race servo but he did put in an upgraded servo so I should end up with a nice firm shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom