For Sale Fj60 Tc, Tranny (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1986 Fj60 complete tranny, TC etc. $800 for entire thing. Came off of motor that had 80,000 miles on it

20170805_165958.jpg

It came off of 2F motor I just put into Fj40. I saw Fj60 next to it and saw 80,000 on Speedo and he said it Came out of it. What is it then?

is there identification on it somewhere that I can look to look to see if model number or serial number or something to help identify possible year and possible model? Where would I look? I looked it over and did not see anything really.

Search the transfer case for a code stamped in it. The transfer case can be dated from that.

For the heck of it I checked a couple of transmissions and transfer cases I have. 82 FJ40 and 84 HJ47.

84 was as expected 4L=5/84
82 was 3D=4/83
82 was being parted out and ended up with tub and frame so know it was a 82. So at least the case for transfer case was from another 60 or 40 series 83. Same thing probably happened with yours.

Found the date code/serial number on the back of the case by the PTO opening. Both were close to the upper end. Bet if you clean it good you'll find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom