FJ60 Header advice needed. DIT. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You could machine the surface of your stock manifold for less than the cost of headers and get the exact same performance upgrade as putting a set of long tubes or tri Ys on a 2f… none at all. Lol. Coming from someone who had headers on 2 separate 2fs. Your machined manifold won’t leak though and last you another 200k miles and be quiet

You could machine the surface of your stock manifold for less than the cost of headers and get the exact same performance upgrade as putting a set of long tubes or tri Ys on a 2f… none at all. Lol. Coming from someone who had headers on 2 separate 2fs. Your machined manifold won’t leak though and last you another 200k miles and be quiet
Good to keep in mind. what gaskets have you used-- and have you ever doubled up like some guys do with the remflex ones?

My stock insulator plate thing snapped so I put in a flat plate for the insulator instead, the issue is I had to take it out cause it blocked the heat riser thing for cold weather. This is why im considering going with the headers, to not deal with the exhaust leaks between the two manifolds.
thanks for the input

Dan

One note on headers not mentioned. Headers should help the exhaust flow more efficiently bjt the intake is so restrictive that there isn’t a huge need for headers. Now if you did the 3fe head conversion with the 3fe intake you would see more improvement with headers. Or just swap in a gm 4.2 6 with a mildly tuned turbo and make 4x+ the power of the 2F

Sprayed some brake clean as an experiement to see if it might reveal "leaks" in my manifold. Is this an accurate test, cause obviously its all dripping down out of both of these gaps, I replaced the springs that hold these in but am wondering if this thing is just warped to crap or what.

Had a hell of a time trying to get it on with the engine OUT of the car. can only imagine what itll be like getting back in when the eyelots dont line up properly.

Trying to not chase exhuast leaks for the next decade. Shoud i Just get some cheapy TRI MILS have a buddy ceramic coat them and call it good?

Dan

tempImageUvGFC4.png

tempImageZD3tAh.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom