FJ45LPB scratchbuild... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have actually been making some progress on this.

A bit of a change of plans on this project has necessitated a new bezel...
265newbezel.jpg

266bezel.jpg

267bezel.jpg

268bezel.jpg

Had to make some mods to the bib as well.
269mods.jpg

Quick mock up.
270mockup.jpg

This is a great example of where my OCD nature gets the better of me. This was actually my third attempt at making the square bezel. I've still got sanding to do to satisfy myself. Ha!

Are you a member of the Scale Builders Guild?

Are you a member of the Scale Builders Guild?
I am... but I've neglected to update the thread there in awhile. There's a more detailed thread there for the first half of this build. I mostly stick to MUD these days.

And there's progress. Man I'm moving slow... but I am moving.

I've been working on the roof, the last "hard" part in terms of the process. I wanted to vacuform these piece as well to capture the curves. So I had to layout how the roof would fit... then layout a footprint for the buck... then carve the buck... then pull a vacuum formed piece... then trim and fit. This sounds like work, but it is all quite a bit of fun for me. Relaxing in a way... but my OCD can make it tedious at times.

I COULD do a part like this with 3D printing... but then it wouldn't be "hand made" which is the overall feat I'm shooting for on this build. Mind you I'm surrendering to 3D printing on the wheels.

I'll let photos tell the rest...

276rooflayout.jpg

277rooftest.jpg

278rooftest.jpg

279bucklayout.jpg

280buckstart.jpg

281bucksanded.jpg

282buckback.jpg

283pulled.jpg

284cut.jpg

285fit.jpg

286finetune.jpg

287inplace.jpg

288inplace.jpg

Wow…. This is just awesome….is it possible that I downloaded YOUR plans for a 3D print of this FJ45…maybe 3 months ago?
You clearly have some mad skills… 👏 👏 👏

Wow…. This is just awesome….is it possible that I downloaded YOUR plans for a 3D print of this FJ45…maybe 3 months ago?
You clearly have some mad skills… 👏 👏 👏
I’ve not put my 3D cad out there anywhere, so not me. That said, mind pointing me to the ones you downloaded?

I need to get to my computer in the basement and I cannot go down steps yet…knee replacement and I fell after surgery.

Rest assured, I will get that information to you!

@Honger can’t believe it but I did find it on a search with the iPad. There’s several….im sure this is the one I download…it was in my sign in account

Just realized this model is 24” long… I have the file but have not run through the printer yet

I need to get to my computer in the basement and I cannot go down steps yet…knee replacement and I fell after surgery.

Rest assured, I will get that information to you!

Whoa, yeah, take your time.

@Honger can’t believe it but I did find it on a search with the iPad. There’s several….im sure this is the one I download…it was in my sign in account

Very cool, thanks for passing that on!

Just realized this model is 24” long… I have the file but have not run through the printer yet

That's about right at 1/10th scale. This one will be about that long when finished with bumpers and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom