FJ45 RC found on EBAY pretty cool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking around I also found this. GOnna get one in 10th scale but its made in 12th as well.

Tamiya 1:10 XB GF-01 Toyota LC40 Pick-Up EP RTR RC Car Kit Off Road #57880

tamiya-57880-2.jpg

They are fun little rc toys.. Great for times when your tired of fixing stuff.. :)

I bought one last month. It runs great! You can catch a video of it running in the snow on my build thread.

i bought one a year ago...finally changed out the hideous dubs that were on it with some more appropriate tires and rims. i wish the wheelbase was adjustable tho...too short. looks funny
IMG_20160406_163653_100.jpg

easy to assemble,fun little pick up.pick up is much better balanced.one of my favorite.i recommend to buy this one

I have one also and agree it is a blast to drive! I still need to paint the shell, but keep on getting it dirty playing with it.

It's the first RC I've had in a long long time, but my old roommate got me back into the hobby last year and I kind of went crazy with the upgrades, lol. He has a nice modded Traxxus Stampede and it's a beast with the brushless motor and what not.

So for mine, I've upgraded the drivetrain with FastEddy Sealed Bearings, stronger steel Tamiya universal joints, and locked front/rear differentials 4x4 RC Shop (the inserts work great, can be removed easily to convert back to an open diff, and made in the Czech Republic, I think originally for the CC-01 series). I bent my stock universal joint / drive shaft after a few hard collision with a tree stump. But overall it's been super durable bit of kit.

The rest of the upgrades were more for bling (I'm a sucker for anodized aluminum) and some performance. The suspension is mainly an anodized blue aluminum long arm kit from Yeah Racing and the Tamiya aluminum oil damper kit. My baby also has Tamiya Aluminum Servo Guard , GPM Servo Saver Arm, GPM steel turn buckles, GPM aluminum front bumper, and the Yeah Racing aluminum wheelie bar with oil dampers

I sourced my parts from Towerhobbies.com, amazon.com, ebay.com, rcmart.com.

So besides painting the body, I would like to add the driver done up as the Stig (need help sourcing a blue mirror film for the visor), working headlights, turn signals, brake lights, etc... Tamiya has the TLU-01 / TLU-02 controllers that handle this. Also would like to upgrade to a 15.5T brushless motor, as the stock ESC actually can control both brushed and brushless motors. But my 100 series and vet bill have been eating into my hobby funds as of late so these will be on hold.

Underside view of the undercarriage and suspension arms.
o6N8vvC.jpg

Front bumper and shock towers.
8lhcKy0.jpg

Servo guard, Servo Saver, and Aarma Waterproof/Metal Gear Servo
Vf2eVMJ.jpg

Here is the Yeah Racing wheelie bar.
uUiQGHi.jpg

Thanks! I really wish someone would make a 100/105 series body for like the Tamiya CC-01 chassis.

I did pick up this badboy recently and will start building it soon. It's called the G6-01 Konghead. It's a 6x6 version of the GF-01 chassis and supposedly a lot of the upgrade parts are cross compatible. The kit's don't come with an ESC, but do come with a single standard brushed 540 can motor. What is cool is the fully independent suspension and rear wheel steering is an option. It would be cool to see a stretched Land cruiser body release for it. It was like only 150 bucks for the kit from towerhobbies.com.

tamiya-58646-4.jpg

I have one also and agree it is a blast to drive! I still need to paint the shell, but keep on getting it dirty playing with it.

It's the first RC I've had in a long long time, but my old roommate got me back into the hobby last year and I kind of went crazy with the upgrades, lol. He has a nice modded Traxxus Stampede and it's a beast with the brushless motor and what not.

So for mine, I've upgraded the drivetrain with FastEddy Sealed Bearings, stronger steel Tamiya universal joints, and locked front/rear differentials 4x4 RC Shop (the inserts work great, can be removed easily to convert back to an open diff, and made in the Czech Republic, I think originally for the CC-01 series). I bent my stock universal joint / drive shaft after a few hard collision with a tree stump. But overall it's been super durable bit of kit.

The rest of the upgrades were more for bling (I'm a sucker for anodized aluminum) and some performance. The suspension is mainly an anodized blue aluminum long arm kit from Yeah Racing and the Tamiya aluminum oil damper kit. My baby also has Tamiya Aluminum Servo Guard , GPM Servo Saver Arm, GPM steel turn buckles, GPM aluminum front bumper, and the Yeah Racing aluminum wheelie bar with oil dampers

I sourced my parts from Towerhobbies.com, amazon.com, ebay.com, rcmart.com.

So besides painting the body, I would like to add the driver done up as the Stig (need help sourcing a blue mirror film for the visor), working headlights, turn signals, brake lights, etc... Tamiya has the TLU-01 / TLU-02 controllers that handle this. Also would like to upgrade to a 15.5T brushless motor, as the stock ESC actually can control both brushed and brushless motors. But my 100 series and vet bill have been eating into my hobby funds as of late so these will be on hold.

Underside view of the undercarriage and suspension arms.
o6N8vvC.jpg

Front bumper and shock towers.
8lhcKy0.jpg

Servo guard, Servo Saver, and Aarma Waterproof/Metal Gear Servo
Vf2eVMJ.jpg

Here is the Yeah Racing wheelie bar.
uUiQGHi.jpg

Damn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom