Fj40 V8 headers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What headers should I use for my 71 fj40, I'm swaping a 350 in. I don't want to pay big bucks for the downey ones, and don't want to hack my innner fenders up. Thanks

block huggers from summit racing
around $100
work fine

2nd vote for summit huggers

IIRC, they are only $70 a pair and include gaskets, collectors, bolts, etc....

LOVE mine...bought the only other thing I'd consider is the center dump cast factory headers from (I think) a vette...

Will the block huggers work with power steering? Is there a part number or application that will definitely work? I have an account with Thorley and would like to get some, just don't know exactly what application will work.

Fits with Scout steering, no problems. I have not heard of issues with other steering conversions either.

http://www.summitracing.com search words" hugger header, last item, $75

I've run them on a 1977 350, a 1982 305, and a 1991 350 with no problems.

Block huggers will work on all 350 blocks except the Vortec, where the passenger side header hits the anti-knock sensor.

i just got a new pair on ebay with gaskets, reducers, everything for $47.

I bought some headers for my 305 in my 40 from Carlisle swap meet for $20. They don't even come close to fitting so now I'm selling them on Ebay and will buy the block huggers you guys recommend.

My question is though, when I went to buy my exhaust manifold gasket, they asked if I have square or round exhaust port holes. I have square ones but the pick of the headers from Summit are round. Will they work with my square holes? Thanks for answering my question on top of a question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom