FJ40 Seat Covers - another "which ones" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Real soon looking into pulling the trigger on some seat covers for my '78 FJ40. I have been reading a lot of threads on the subject and probably deciding on the Cruiser Corps one's. Does anybody have any long term "data" on their covers?

Then I saw a mention of some seat covers over at Genesis Four Wheel Drive. They look/sound good and have inquired about them via e-mail but have not received any response. Anybody have any experience with their covers?

Much appreciated for any advice.

don't waste your time with genesis - the guy doesn't answer the phone or respond to emails anymore. standard used to be a credible vendor on mud but he took a bunch of my money for soft top parts and never delivered. I only got some of the money back too.

Get them from a reputable vendor, SOR, CCOT, Cruiser Corps etc.

I have cruiser corps been sitting for about 3 months installed

14623991183862055531429.jpg

antFJ - reading through the threads I did read about your experience and did send a bad feeling up my spine. But I thought it was taken care of completely and maybe they were reputable after all. I also had read an old 2011 thread that they carried Shane's covers (read about that fiasco) but figured they were making their own now. Glad I asked.

yayo - those do look nice. Do you think the stitching will hold up well?

I always use SOR covers and cushions and have been happy.

My buddy just installed SOR covers and cushions this week on his 78. This is how they came out. Try to not let the heep in the background do permanent visual damage :mad:

image.jpg

Those do look great . PO had the front seats in mine redone at some local shop - they did a great job but the thread they used was pretty weak - some of it is starting to break already ...
Bad part - recover those seats , and that nasty dash pad rears it's ugly head worse than ever..
Sarge

Those do look great . PO had the front seats in mine redone at some local shop - they did a great job but the thread they used was pretty weak - some of it is starting to break already ...
Bad part - recover those seats , and that nasty dash pad rears it's ugly head worse than ever..
Sarge
Lol, he did the dash pad today

image.jpg

Not to hijack this thread, but I noticed coins on the floor of the green rig and wondered how many and why do FJ 40's get "coined"? All four of my previous 40's had all sorts of coins in them.

Very, very nice gentlemen.

What I am noticing is that the SOR ones have additional stitching running horizontally on the bottom cover and back cover and makes the crease more pronounced and kind of makes it look more "luxurious". The Cruiser Corps ones appear to just have a formed crease.

Can't remember off the top of my head, and need to uncover my tattered one's to find out, but how did the originals come regarding this stitching?

Can the SOR ones be used with my original foams?

P.S. - Regarding the dash pad, completely agree (darn). Plus, for sure, will need a new headliner, which is currently missing.

It's not just stitching. It's a strip inside the seat that gets hog ringed fast to create those creases. The thickness of the pad will determine the depth of the crease.

Very, very nice gentlemen.

What I am noticing is that the SOR ones have additional stitching running horizontally on the bottom cover and back cover and makes the crease more pronounced and kind of makes it look more "luxurious". The Cruiser Corps ones appear to just have a formed crease.

Can't remember off the top of my head, and need to uncover my tattered one's to find out, but how did the originals come regarding this stitching?

Can the SOR ones be used with my original foams?

P.S. - Regarding the dash pad, completely agree (darn). Plus, for sure, will need a new headliner, which is currently missing.
You can use your existing foams but I highly, highly recommend new foams. Completely changes the ride for the positive.

Not to hijack this thread, but I noticed coins on the floor of the green rig and wondered how many and why do FJ 40's get "coined"? All four of my previous 40's had all sorts of coins in them.
I tell my wife they are investments that keep giving back ;) , but yes I fine coins in all of my rigs. Found a good bit behind a dash pad recently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom