Builds Fj40 re-rebuild! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had way too much fun.

IMG_7115.jpeg

Not a ton of updates. Going back together with my 5.3. It ended up being a lot high miles than I was initially told so I tore it down and I’m doing a refresh.

Currently have the heads apart but looks like they will need work and trying to decide if I should have the valves ground. Someone went crazy with a Roloc disc at some point in its life.

IMG_2185.jpeg

IMG_2183.jpeg

IMG_2184.jpeg

IMG_2182.jpeg

IMG_2204.jpeg

Can you find a used set of heads on marketplace for cheap? Colorado custom cylinder heads will shave those flat for pretty cheap otherwise. But a valve job will bump up the cost. Are you going through the short block as well? How about some more wheeling pics?
Going to keep my eyes open for a used set. May have them machined not sure yet. I’ll post some more.

Also, cleaning up some VERY rough OE soft to bows that I used to run as is but the top never fit right.

I welded some tabs on and used 1/4-20 nut Serts. That oughta piss some people off 🤣

Need to do some work on the windshield frame from my accident it doesn’t really fit there…

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2319.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

Last edited:
Going to keep my eyes open for a used set. May have them machined not sure yet. I’ll post some more.

Also, cleaning up some VERY rough OE soft to bows that I used to run as is but the top never fit right.

I welded some tabs on and used 1/4-20 nut Serts. That oughta piss some people off 🤣

Need to do some work on the windshield frame from my accident it doesn’t really fit there…

View attachment 3482398

View attachment 3482399

View attachment 3482400

View attachment 3482401
Are you making your own soft top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom