Wanted FJ40 Misc OEM Bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
If you have a stash of misc FJ40 OEM nuts & bolts laying around, I'm interested for my '77. Suffice it to say, bolts break during restoration and some are missing from previous owner.

Thanks & Happy 40 Trails!
-Pete

Many bolts can be sourced new from Toyota. A lot of the old part numbers have been superseded, but once you figure out the part number convention you can practically write down the part numbers without looking them up. Most common type bolts can be ordered in this way, but specialty bolts usually have a unique part number. For example, I ordered some replacement hub bolts recently, 91611-60830, the first 5 digits I believe determine the type of bolt, with washer, without washer, flanged, with flat and lock, plating type, etc. The last 5 digits are the grade, the diameter, ang length, respectively. 91611 is a normal hex head with captive washer, zinc plated. 60830 is grade 6 (JIS), 8mm diameter, 30mm length. Play around with the old parts catalogs and change the numbers around using this knowledge and then look up the pictures, should get you most everything you need.

download.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom