fj40 mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey, i just got some hinge mount mirrors from cool cruisers 2 days ago, the ones that bolt to the hinges on the windsheild. i just realised that they did not specify any year theat they fit. i hoping they fit all years?!?! anyone have experience with these? or do i need to call ccot before they ship them. bytheby its a 71 fj40, Thanks!

You talkin bout these? Here they are on the later model extended hinges. Bought it that way, works great. 75 Cruiser. Don't see why they wouldn't work for the early hinges.
IMG_0030s.JPG

hmmm so is it an easy fix to get them to mount, or should i stop shippment? and if so are there any hing mount that will fit?

I have these for my 1977 http://store1.yimg.com/I/coolfj40_1855_8534862

I like mine after I bent my arm. i'v heard people having quality problems with CCOT and the mirrors were mentioned before saying the passenger side could not adjust enough to be about to see anything. I fixed mine with a vice and a rubber hammer. I couldn't tell that I had bent the arm until I mounted and could set it correctly. In other words don't expect to much out of the mirrors.

Wess,do you have any picts of your bent passenger side ? Am having the same prob.

dawg said:
Wess,do you have any picts of your bent passenger side ? Am having the same prob.

I just put the arm in the vice and hit it about a dozen times pretty hard with a rubber hammer and mounted it back on and it worked. Visually you could not tell so pictures would do you no good. If I have a picture it would be on my site. Your welcome to take a look. http://68.96.15.175:8087/ Um if I had a picture it would be towards the end.

wow haha, they arent here yet but now im thinking im gunna have to. does anyone know any good mirrors tht will fit a 71 fj40 that are under $100??? thanks!

It's all coming back to me now. I put it in the vice horizontally with out the mirror on the shaft. I made sure that there was only about an inch to the part that flatend out to go to the hole for the mirror to mount. I hit the flat part with the hole with the rubber hammer. I could not see it move so I increased my strike each time. Then figured I would try it and it worked and the shaft could still move in the sleeve just like the way they came. (make sure you hit the shaft in the right direction) I ordered my mirrors and while it was being delivered I read about how poor quality they were.

Bad things about CCOT mirrors:

1. Passenger side mirror will not adjust to proper setting.
2. No break back. (bend mirrors forward before offroading so trees won't rip it off)

here is another option for mounting. This is the early method used by Toyota. There are captured nuts on the inside of the driver panel. None on the passanger side(?). Guess early models only had one mirror. Mounted this way if you hit the mirror arm on a limb or (?). The hinge on the bottom of the mirror bracket moves. MOunted onl the windshield hinge, the rod hits the windshield frame and bends or breaks.

Last edited:
well, even thought the mirrors suck, i want to make them fit, has anyone done this easily, drilled new holes in the mirror bracket possibly?

hey wes1977 flip your bezzel or the bezzel police will get ya (LOL)

WES1977 said:
DSC01660.jpg

that's the best picture i have.
TO LATE................. Bezzel alert...Bezzel alert... All units we have a Bezzel volitation....Woooop..Woooop...Woooop..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom