Fj40 floor pan repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Devilmans Hand

TLCA #19517
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Hey guys

Since I'm playing with the cruiser again I'm massing things to fix and screw with. One is the drivers side floor pan.
Moisture has collected under and around the tar and rusted through in a few spots. See pic.
20160604_163032.jpg

I'll have to chip up the rest of the tar, but I'm thinking of bringing the surface down to bare metal and using some 3m panel adhesive to add one or more pieces of 18ga galvanized steel on top, then slather on some paint or bedliner on the top and bottom.
Same time I'm going to chop off the front half of my "roll cage" for more leg room and less cabin volume interference. That dealer option is made from rusty pipe anyway.

Fenders and rear sill need some fixing too. Thinking about chopping the rear fenders more and raising them one or two inches to remove the nastiness and fit a 33" without added lift. Of course I'll need to modify the inner wheel well same time.
I have a piece of 1/4" thick square tube to replace the sill, once I get a bottle for that mig I bought from Stump years ago.

20160604_163020.jpg
20160604_163014.jpg

Btw, also looking to build a dash box. The Dash man was kind enough to call me and say he wasn't building them anymore, so looks like I'm going home built.

Looks like you are about to have some fun. Might as well cut that floor pan out and weld in some 16 ga, it would probably be a better long term repair. I'm balls deep in the same type of work right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom