FJ40 clear turn signal lenses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw these on Ebay this morning. I've been looking for clear turn signal lenses for a while and with the exception of bib marker lenses, the other lenses seem to be rare to non-existent. It would be great for a mud member out there with access to 3D printing or injection molding capabilities to make some clear lenses for all the markers on the 40.

FJ40LENSES_zps745ddba3.jpg

ebay post: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-LAND...&fits=Make:Toyota&hash=item27ee506ce1&vxp=mtr

Are they even legal? In some states the front turn signals must be amber and the rear turn signals must be amber or red. Since I have never seen clear on the large ones and I do not think they are factory correct why would anyone want them? Now the early 60's round front signal lights were clear from factory and are hard to find, mainly because amber is the standard for front signals now.

Legal in Texas, yes. It's the color emitted from the bulb that is regulated (amber or white fronts and amber or red from the rear) not the lens. I'm deleting my fender turn signals and going with the bib lights with apron lights, so the lights shown wouldn't be something I was interested in purchasing. I've grown fond of the clear signal lenses on the two previous Tundras I've owned and my current 4Runner. Everyone has their own particular tastes and for me, clear lenses on the rear would compliment my build.

Yes, NHTSA and DOT only specify the color of the light. Some states, Texas included, have ruled that it is not possible to meet the light standard using red bulbs with clear lenses for brake lights. But Amber turn signal bulbs with clear lenses seem to be ok everywhere. Many new cars are made this way-red lenses for stop, clear lenses and amber bulb for turn.

making those probably wouldnt pay .as you say you like them but i wouldnt put them on my truck .most guys are pretty anal about being correct on thier restos .it would be easy for you to make an rtv mold and cast them in clear resin .you can get the casting kits at hobby lobby good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom