FJ40/2H Solid Motor Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, new to the forum. I'm currently restoring a 74' FJ40. I purchased the truck with the engine removed and a 2H came with it so I'd like to use that. The previous owner welded in new motor mounts onto the frame. The problem I have is the mounts aren't in the correct location to where the shock-type motor mounts can be used between the frame and engine. Essentially, the engine bolts directly to the frame mounts without the insulated motor mounts in between. Has anyone ran a 2H without insulated motor mounts or anyone know if this will be an issue? I really don't want to cut the old mounts out and install new unless absolutely necessary.

Are you suggesting running it without any rubber blocks? Sounds horrible.

Are you suggesting running it without any rubber blocks? Sounds horrible.
Not suggesting, I'm asking if anyone has experience with solid motor mounts on cruisers. I've never done too much extensive work on cruisers but I have used solid mounts on a few of my cars with no issues.

Run the rubber soft motor mounts. These old diesels are shaky.

Not suggesting, I'm asking if anyone has experience with solid motor mounts on cruisers. I've never done too much extensive work on cruisers but I have used solid mounts on a few of my cars with no issues.

The 40 series chassis does flex quite a lot, you'd be locking the two sides together quite solidly, a failure would soon follow I feel. If you dont have perfect injectors and glow system etc your entire vehicle is almost certainly going to be very uncomfortable to sit in.

Thanks for the inputs folks. Looks like I'm going to be relocating my motor mounts so I can use the insulators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom