FJ25 PARTS FOUND (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

these are the tail lights @fj40au is talking about

pics from @Dobster 's truck thread

IMG_0989.jpg
IMG_0992.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg

Without measurements difficult to substantiate--but the above tail lamps look exactly like those on the early 45 pickup trucks and Stouts--gasket, lens, mounts, shield. Obviously not the specific one with the small clear lens used to light the license plate, but these can be turned over and used on one or both sides of the rear of the vehicle.

Agree with the rusting out housings, but probably only ever sold as a complete tail lamp with lens, bulb, gasket, screws.

Kourosh, I also would be interested in buying some tail lamps or parts like these.

Correct, the photos show the tail lights I have on my truck. A couple of years ago I managed to buy a whole tail light assembly on eBay, the seller unfortunately didn't have another one. New reproduction lenses are available from eBay (e.g. Toyota Heritage) and I have been in contact with them to reproduce the gaskets based on the one from my assembly. Haven't heard from them lately, might get in touch again to see if a reproduction run is a possibility.

Good news @fj40au look what I have found. They are located in Indonesia.
I told him I need it for a friend.
So if you are still interested message me so I pass his contact details.

photo_2019-07-20_06-41-52.jpg

photo_2019-07-20_06-41-50.jpg

photo_2019-07-20_06-41-49.jpg

photo_2019-07-20_06-41-47.jpg

photo_2019-07-20_06-41-46.jpg

Last edited:
Since the early round turn signals are very hard to find, what do you guys think of this as a replacement?
It looks very similar to Toyota one.

i-img.jpg

jeepno.jpg

round turn signal.jpg

round turn signal1.jpg

Interesting. Is that a koito lense similar to the single sided fixture? Tell us more.

I have no clue, its only written Mitsubishi , Made in Japan.
Apparently it was used on the Mitsubishi j3 & j4.

j3.jpg

Last edited:
On second thought, not sure they would work. Would need to get the sloped grommet piece from the single sided lamps to match the slope on the 40 fenders. At that point, not sure it is worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom