FJ/Land Cruiser work in Arkansas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recently retired from the U.S. Department of State, and moved back to my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas, in Northwest Arkansas. I own six Land Cruisers. I'm restoring our old family home here (already living in it now -- although it's still a "work in progress"!), which is going to require pulling out a lot of invasive/non-native weedy shrubs. I need to pull out -- from the roots -- all the invasive/weedy shrubs and trees; can any of you recommend a shop within 200 miles of Fayetteville who can install such a REALLY good and strong Warn winch and about 100-200 feet of cable?

Wow, nice collection! You might want to check into the clubhouse section for local AR advice.

As for your winch situation... getting 200 ft of cable on a winch drum is going to be tight. I'd be tempted to put no more than 100' of synthetic line (safer working) and then utilize winch line extension sections as needed. Your maximum pulling power is when the drum has the least amount of wraps of cable/line around it. You'll want to keep at least 5-10 wraps on the drum to ensure the line doesn't slip off though. If none of this info is new to you, then please know that this advice is not meant to insult.

I have recently retired from the U.S. Department of State, and moved back to my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas, in Northwest Arkansas. I own six Land Cruisers. I'm restoring our old family home here (already living in it now -- although it's still a "work in progress"!), which is going to require pulling out a lot of invasive/non-native weedy shrubs. I need to pull out -- from the roots -- all the invasive/weedy shrubs and trees; can any of you recommend a shop within 200 miles of Fayetteville who can install such a REALLY good and strong Warn winch and about 100-200 feet of cable?

Did you get your winch situation worked out?

I'm a native Arkansan myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom