Builds Fj down under (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Expedition One told me there would be no fitting issues with a factory towing hitch and the sensors even on an Au model. So as I have said I will take it up with them.

As AutoCraft have installed so many then you think they would be well aware of the fitting issues by now, but it was never mentioned. . Unless Expedition one have recently changed the design. Maybe there happy to just die grind to fit. Says a lot for the quality of work in my opinion.

Returned to post pics of the three year old damage that has gone untended, to ease your concerns, but I can see there's no rationalizing.

Regardless,

image-1801685792.jpg

image-1379928885.jpg

To add:

I've hit two deer (deer are the US' roo equivalent) both a 55mph, both would've done substantial damage to an OE FJC, came out of both unscathed, the angle of the front tube almost pitching them down, keeping from the hood or windshield.

I've been rear ended twice, without even scratching the PC, and not exaggerating, the first leaving this.....

image-3656014962.jpg

The second damaging more, but they requested I delete pics.

Snatch strapped another FJC after an overnight stay stuck in a sand bottom OK river, literally yanking time, after time, for an hour to get him 100yards to shore, with no issues, not even movement.

Expo One is a top quality product, well engineered, well though out, and well executed. They've been more than reasonable in most every event I've heard of issues, which do happen, as it is the real world.

Sorry you're having issues with reverse sensors, but don't miss the forest for the trees, since it's a minuscule problem, unless going on a 10 point show car.

If this were the blue room, I'd add to stop being a pansy ass, drill it out, and go on about installing, but it's not and you seem hell bent on "new" bumpers merely for the sake of a couple of enlarged holes.

Before hearing "how much it cost" and "it should be perfect", I spent a whole hell of a lot more money on much more critical components from reputable Australian vendors that I spoke with for over a year before ordering, and it is all screwed up, with implications well beyond that of even the cost to blast and recoat a bumper without expecting them to do a damn thing.

Not stated to inflame, but more a reality check that, it's not an issue that warrants anyone losing a great deal of sleep over, nor anyone losing a great deal of money.

Just putting it in perspective.

image-1801685792.jpg

image-1379928885.jpg

image-3656014962.jpg

Why do people think you should accept second best for your hard earned money?

Because I live in reality, not the land of sunshine and unicorns, and do not expect a level of perfection that, myself a small business, cannot attain, but appreciate the efforts made by others similar.

In the grande scheme of things, it's just a two holes in an off-road bumper...,

Maybe consider selling them. Bet you could even profit a tidy sum, considering there aren't many in Oz, yet the FJC crowd there appears to be very similar to the US derivative, which is relatively affluent.

Could by ARBs and have fair amount left over.

Expedition One told me there would be no fitting issues with a factory towing hitch and the sensors even on an Au model. So as I have said I will take it up with them.

As AutoCraft have installed so many then you think they would be well aware of the fitting issues by now, but it was never mentioned. . Unless Expedition one have recently changed the design. Maybe there happy to just die grind to fit. Says a lot for the quality of work in my opinion.

Given Exp One and us have had many conversations, and supplied parts to have the issues rectified, I find it very unusual that they would claim otherwise, but I would look forward to you supplying the details they gave you, and who gave you those details, if this is in fact, correct.

The only way that could happen would be if someone in the Exp One office got your email, and replied, without checking.

And having installed so many, as have many others at home, also, we did mention it wouldn't be a job you could do in a day, and told you installing them was often booked in to do, rather than fit at home, and our preference was to install them for you, but you were insistent that it was no problem for a person with your skills.

So to say anything in particular wasn't mentioned might be true, that we tried to explain it wasn't a simple bolt on, well, we did our best.

As for 2nd best for the money, I think Delancy is pretty much on point, if you compare price, product, and cost to the rest of this market, I think its not 2nd best at all, but I guess its all relative to our individual thoughts. That's why e normnally make the hard decisions, before we pass the point of no return.

Lets please keep this witch hunt at least factual, and on point, rather than have it deteriorate into mud slinging untruths.

Lets see what Exp One comes back with for you, hopefully before the Return Authority expires 5pm Wed 15th Jan 2014.

Meh, cut it paint it and be done with it, done it before plenty of times. Had to bend my diff drop bracket back to shape the other day cos it was bent, whether it was the couriers fault or the manufactures fault it wasn't worth losing sleep over. Bent it back and bolted it on, job done and I'm back driving my cruiser.

Meh, cut it paint it and be done with it, done it before plenty of times. Had to bend my diff drop bracket back to shape the other day cos it was bent, whether it was the couriers fault or the manufactures fault it wasn't worth losing sleep over. Bent it back and bolted it on, job done and I'm back driving my cruiser.

x2 ... the couple of E1 issues I read about on the Blue Room ended up resolved by compromise and in one of those situations, if I remember correctly they helped fit a rear bumper to a truck where it turned out the body mounts on the truck were installed wrong at the factory during the truck build ... don't ask me how, but that was the issue ... E1 helped figure out what was wrong and helped make the bumper fit ...

its a hard pill to swallow maybe, but ...
:)

its a hard pill to swallow maybe, but ... :)

Yes it is but a big Tks to James and Trissa @ Expedition One for making it much easier. Customer service is not dead :)

Now after working in country Victoria all week in 40c+ temps in a tin shed that's 110f+ I have two days diving this weekend booked. So I'll have to see if I can squeeze in completing the rear bar. As next week and weekend I'm working in Perth. At least the wife will have my car while I'm away if I don't get time, one plus. The front bar will just have to wait :-(

Yes, we spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Exp One so they could relay the information for you, to work out if the install was beyond you, so they could recommend returning it, like we offered, or if afew days to calm down would allow you to go on with it.

Looks like afew days have made all the difference.

Yes, we spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Exp One so they could relay the information for you, to work out if the install was beyond you, so they could recommend returning it, like we offered, or if afew days to calm down would allow you to go on with it. Looks like afew days have made all the difference.

Have received no information on fitting the rear bar from Expedition One not that I need any. So It seems your miss informed. Not to worry if your out of the loop and I'm happy and sorted :).

If you read it more closely, you will see I didnt say "to fit it", at all.

Good to see what we organised and implemented from the back end was able to sink in after afew days, when theres some stuff laying around to sooth the lion with a splinter in its paw . . . .

That was step 1, it was enough it seems, ;)

:cheers:

If you read it more closely, you will see I didnt say "to fit it", at all. Good to see what we organised and implemented from the back end was able to sink in after afew days, when theres some stuff laying around to sooth the lion with a splinter in its paw . . . . That was step 1, it was enough it seems, ;) :cheers:

Well what can I say except if that's the case you could have stepped up to the plate in the first place. But you didn't.

Expedition One did.

Uhm.... I think you will find, it was organised with our participation, through the channel you wished to use.

Who was it you said was out of the loop here ?

Uhm.... I think you will find, it was organised with our participation, through the channel you wished to use. Who was it you said was out of the loop here ?

All I see is you taking credit for others :)

I actually had to stick up for you.

Some thought being able to install it was well beyond you, but I assured them that wasn't what you had told us at the time.

We gave you the chance to cave in, and return it, or do what you had described was possible, and with some prodding, you have stepped up and done the latter.

Easier to catch bee's with honey, than vinegar ;)

Congrats to you :wrench::banana::wrench::banana:

I actually had to stick up for you. Some thought being able to install it was well beyond you, but I assured them that wasn't what you had told us at the time. We gave you the chance to cave in, and return it, or do what you had described was possible, and with some prodding, you have stepped up and done the latter. Easier to catch bee's with honey, than vinegar ;) Congrats to you :wrench::banana::wrench::banana:

I'll enjoy my rewards :)

You enjoy your moment, as this is the last time I shall speak to you. Feel free to have the last comment I'm bigger than that, your customer service means you will see no more of my money.

Last edited:
as this is the last time I shall speak to you.

OK.

Will record it this time. Forgive me if we don't reply next time, but think of it as helping you with the above ;)

All fitted mm perfect, picked up a Dremmel to do the cutting, but well worth it to get it right, ground out the parking sensor holes with it too, repainted the edges with black enamel. Just finished in time to go diving.

image-4109702078.jpg

image-4125559911.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom