fj cruiser show and tell? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

semlin

curmudgeon
Threads
Hi folks

has anyone from coastal cruisers talked to Toyota about doing a show and tell for the club with an FJ cruiser? I have a big ulterior motive in asking and am willing to talk to toyota about it for you guys if there is any interest. Heck I'll even finally join the club if you will have me ;)

the scoop is that we have ordered an fj cruiser for mid April delivery after my wife's forester got written off, but this was supposed to be subject to my wife seeing one at the beginning of march to make sure she wanted one. Now the initial roll out seems to be delayed (or maybe the dealer suckered us) until late March. My wife is now wondering whether it is worth it to wait 3 weeks just to see if she wants it. In fatc she is wavering big time now that ICBC cut off our replacement rental car and we have no roadworthy vehicle to move the kids around in unless we rent as I won't be able to get my h/g fixed on my 80 for another 2 weeks on weekend warrior schedule.

anyway, I was thinking maybe toyota would do a show and tell for the coastal cruisers before the rollout if it was asked.

I am on hold at Open Road Toyota in Ricmond as I write. May be a problem as there is a black out until launch on the FJC. I'll update once I have sproken to the General Sales Manager. I'll find out if there is a way to do an end around.

Cheers,

Bruce
A2B

Yeah, I taked to toyota and they said that they will, but only to paid members who have been members for more than three weeks!:flipoff2:

Just kidding;p ,
good luck with that though.
Cheers,
Deny

I just emailed General Sales Manager Patrick Lau to ask the questions.

I'll update when I get some info. I think we will have to deal at the Toyota Canada level, however.

I didn't tell him about your sob story... :)

Bruce

thanks Bruce :cheers:

Denis, the problem I have is that if I join I will instantly downgrade your club. Who would want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member? :D

Why? You don't own a Jeep or a Lada. :)

B

You must have read my mind. During our last club meeting as we were discussing cruiser days, I was thinking much the same thing. Contact Toyota Canada, explain to them about Cruiser Days, and how having an FJ on display there would be huge advertising for both parties.

Great minds think alike eh? ;)

semlin said:
thanks Bruce :cheers:

Denis, the problem I have is that if I join I will instantly downgrade your club. Who would want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member? :D

The more crazy a person is, the better they fit in the club:D
You could join the 80 series/ JDM revolution and kick crazy old school guys like me out!

Oh and Jeff, I think August is too late to be of any help to Semlin, as I think him and his wife want to see it as soon as possible. But it would be cool to see an FJ cruiser at Cruiser Days, not a big fan, but curious to see one.

Cheers,
Deny

Stone had been contacted by some Toyota reps a while back, as he was the main man for Cruiser Daze last year about the new Cruiser. I duuno where things are at now, however perhaps he will post up when he gets back.

gb

Deny said:
Oh and Jeff, I think August is too late to be of any help to Semlin, as I think him and his wife want to see it as soon as possible. But it would be cool to see an FJ cruiser at Cruiser Days, not a big fan, but curious to see one.

Cheers,
Deny

c'mon! aint you been looking at the photochop stuff in the fj forum! some rocking rigs! :grinpimp:

You would be a welcome addition to the Club, Simon...if you ever decide you would like to join up. :beer:

As for the Club helping to launch the FJ, I haven't heard anything from Toyota Canada or their marketing firm since that first phone call. So I can only assume that their strategy has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom