Builds FJ Cruiser Rusty Frame Utah (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a 2007 4x4 6 speed manual with 67,000 miles from Texas but its life started on the East Coast. Paid top dollar $17.500.00 from the dealer did all research Carfax and Skyped with dealer I was concerned about FJ rust issues. Well the sales man had great video skills plus a fresh undercoat on car. Car was shipped fast all paper worked signed and its MINE. Well good news gas tanks has been replaced bad news 3 rust holes in frame and it looks like when suspension gets replaced a rust nightmare. Other than the Chassis the car is perfect.

Went to Toyota Dealer on Riverdale Road in Ogden Utah. Basically Toyota will not stand behind vehicle and will replace frame and standard parts they are familiar with on Tacoma recall. $15,000.00. I had to pay them $150.00 for the bad news.

Anyways I am looking for a local shop in the Northern Utah area that would be interested in fixing my rust bucket or advice. I am a New to FJ's thought I would never own one but when it came to looking for a new family car we loved how the FJ drove and looked. 6 speed manual hard to find any car in a manual...

Please help stressed out new FJ owner.

Post pics, maybe it's not as bad as you think.

Also, I have no idea, but maybe get a lawyer to read your sales contract or read it thoroughly yourself. Sorry about your experience,they are great vehicles!

Also, I'd be willing to overlook your paperwork if you'd like to see what options you may have.

FJ Demon I can email you contract. Thanks! I want to say contract said vehicle is as is. Tell you the truth I didn't read threw it carefully and still have not.

D21Fj60 I don't remember what add said about rust and it has been deleted form Autotrader and the dealers website.

We talked on phone about rust and he said minor rust. So he sent videos of the newly undercoated frame. It looked so good i didn't ask for more and in other videos the rest of the car was perfect so i figured frame must be too.

I am new to the site I will try and post pictures later.

This FJ has made for a crazy busy week between work and taking it to 3 shops to get paper work for dealer to look at. Figured it would be good to do to cover my a$$.

Pics

8C93AF0A-DC10-40BD-A18B-D356F9917222.jpeg

75DF1748-9476-4EEA-95E2-F34A2D52B1BA.jpeg

748449AA-0836-4A5E-8F8C-F95E5E707F41.jpeg

E1E46DB4-EA9E-4C6C-A6FE-136F99166FD1.jpeg

29B3E455-2841-426D-8BF0-68E23B8F4534.jpeg

Was it parked in the ocean ? Where from on the east coast. Here in Georgia on the east coast is not going to be rusty as a rule but get north of Virginia and you see more snow and a lot more rusty cars

That totally sucks. I've never seen an FJ Cruiser frame anywhere near that bad. For that low of miles I can't fathom what sort of conditions that lived in.

Yeah, that is pretty bad..... I'll pm you my email and I can look at the contract. Even "as-is" I am not sure they can sell you something that is unsafe. Maybe contacting the Better Business Bureau is a good start. Let's look at the contract and see the fine print.

Massachusetts is its original home.

1 out 5 for condition on the rest of the car I would give it a 5 for how old it is. Besides the frame the car looks and surprisingly well like its brand new. Even my OCD father think so.

Carfax has no damage reports of floods on it. Clean Carfax.

80644421-7E29-41C1-A54B-72715F95BA9B.png

This picture is 2007 FJ 97,000 miles on Toyota’s Certified used car lot. They are asking $17,500.00

I had to have lived on the Cape - and someone regularly drove it in the surf.

Holes aside, the experienced/trained eye (not meaning that as a slight, OP) can tell that frame is jacked- you can tell by what looks like pitting under the paint.

I suppose the silver lining is you will always know what to look out for from now on?

I am sorry you are having to deal with this, OP.

Holes aside, the experienced/trained eye (not meaning that as a slight, OP) can tell that frame is jacked- you can tell by what looks like pitting under the paint. ..

What does "jacked" mean in this context? I'm familiar with the ripped off version, and also the well defined muscles meaning.

OP, any update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom