FJ Cruiser aftermarket Jump seats?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone here know if there's an aftermarket jump seat or other seating option for the area behind the seats in the FJ Cruiser? I currently have a Land Rover Discovery with 2 jump seats but I fell in love with the FJ when I first laid eyes on it. My problem is that I have 6 kids and therefor need at least 7 seats (might be able to get by with 6 as my oldest drives her own car). I have tried SOR and a few other online shops but nobody so far has been able to help.

Also, has anyone taken the rear moldings etc off the back section (maybe while doing extra speakers or something)? I am hoping to see some pictures of the metal structure underneth to see what there is to secure them to.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

have some patience and something might show up. the thing is just now hitting the lots. i bet theres something in the works

LR.Disco1 said:
Also, has anyone taken the rear moldings etc off the back section (maybe while doing extra speakers or something)?

Shawn,
The general public hasn't got any of the FJCs yet. Probably the end of March. There are several guys in this section that report they have a deposit and are waiting on the initial shipments. Watch and wait till someone has one then repeat your question.

Regarding aftermarket things like 3rd row seats... you probably won't find those due to litigation issues. Nobody in their right mind would build & sell a seat for a new vehicle that doesn't have provisions for seat belts in the 3rd row. Have you considered a used 80 or 100 Series? If you want new then the 4Runner/GX470 might be a good choice... or a Seqouia.

Your demographic (6 kids) is not Toyota's target. They built the FJC for the younger guys with 1 or 2 friends/kids.

-B-

Last edited:
fyi, there is not a whole lot of room in those things

The FJ Cuiser is not even available yet (it will be released in about 2-3 weeks), so there would be very few/no FJ Cruiser specific accessories yet. It is very doubtful that there would be aftermarket 3rd row or jump seats available, huge liability. Also the FJ Cruiser is smaller than a 4runner, I can't even imagine how tight 3rd row seating would be in the FJ. Take a look at an 80 or 100 series, awesome capability/reliability and the stock ability to seat 7-8 people.

firetruck41 said:
The FJ Cuiser is not even available yet (it will be released in about 2-3 weeks), so there would be very few/no FJ Cruiser specific accessories yet. It is very doubtful that there would be aftermarket 3rd row or jump seats available, huge liability. Also the FJ Cruiser is smaller than a 4runner, I can't even imagine how tight 3rd row seating would be in the FJ. Take a look at an 80 or 100 series, awesome capability/reliability and the stock ability to seat 7-8 people.
The dealer here said he was getting his first one on the 14th (I'm booked for my test drive).

As for the size needed etc... In my Land Rover I only have 24 " from the back of the middle row seats to the rear door. The 56 page specs document that I got from SOR shows approx. 31" from the back of the FJ Cruiser seats to the back door. That's what originally made me think that it would be possible. The big thing I think it will be missing is the head room for rear riders but we only use the jump seats for our elementary school age kids so height might be ok.

I appreciate the suggestions.

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom