Fj 62 starter replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! Need to change my starter on my fj 62. Any advice on best way to remove and what tools would be best? Just looking for the best way and if you guys think it’s a rough job. I know my starter is kinda crammed. Please and thank you guys!

5AAA3E34-3D9C-4BE0-B83F-F1D2F36A2F6D.jpeg

06DCF9EF-E85B-4C83-999F-7C5F35B0C77C.jpeg

ABEFBC0A-D4A3-427A-9DA3-CFB81F20C7C9.jpeg

First thing to note. Unplug your battery. It should be two bolts and it comes right out. New one goes back in. Wires go back in the same place.

First thing to note. Unplug your battery. It should be two bolts and it comes right out. New one goes back in. Wires go back in the same place.

Essentially this ^^

Unplug your battery, 12 mm wrench or socket to disconnect the battery wire at the starter, unplug the other wire, then a 17mm to remove one bolt and one nut. It's not difficult.

If your old starter is OEM keep it and rebuild it.

Essentially this ^^

Unplug your battery, 12 mm wrench or socket to disconnect the battery wire at the starter, unplug the other wire, then a 17mm to remove one bolt and one nut. It's not difficult.

If your old starter is OEM keep it and rebuild it.
Ok and what is the easiest angle to access the back bolt and should I use swivel sockets

Ok and what is the easiest angle to access the back bolt and should I use swivel sockets

Lay on your back, crawl under the Cruiser and look up. No need for swivel sockets, just use a normal ratchet or long wrench. Upper bolt is a little more difficult because you have less room but it's not that bad.

Lay on your back, crawl under the Cruiser and look up. No need for swivel sockets, just use a normal ratchet or long wrench. Upper bolt is a little more difficult because you have less room but it's not that bad.
Ok yeah that’s the bolt that I was most worried about getting to haha, 17mm. Ok thank you guys for help

Ok yeah that’s the bolt that I was most worried about getting to haha, 17mm. Ok thank you guys for help
Since I’m on here, I checked my CEL with a paper clip and it gave me number 23. Anyone know what that pertains too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom