Fixing up my T100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In June of 1997 I purchased new a White T100 SR5 Extended Cab 3.4L 4x4 5 speed manual. In early years I installed oversized torsion bars and 2 inch longer shackles. I did some fender mods and installed 285/75/16 tires and Rancho RS5000 followed by 9000 shocks. In 22 year of ownership I have replaced the following: ac/heating controls, windshield wiper motor, starter, 2 sets of axle seals, cv boots, front and rear brakes, clutch, cooling hoses, radiator, muffler and rear exhaust pipe, speed cable, radio head units, head lights are new units, timing belts, spark plugs, spark plug wires, battery tray.
About 1 year ago I started restoring the truck. Door panels were first as fabric was torn and coming unglued. The steering wheel leather was gone, and I shipped that off to shop to recover. I just got truck back from full repaint back to white. I replaced shocks Bilstein and bushing on anti sway bar which were gone. In next week or two I will be installing new tires going back to 265/75/16. I replaced over sized shackles for factory. Next set of changes is pull interior and dynamat it and reinstall. Take seats and get them recovered and new foam installed.
I have 128K miles and plan to keep using the truck for road trips and fishing towing my boat. I will add some pictures once I get new tires on it.

Not the best pictures but pictures none less. Still have 285/75/16 tires. Major things are new door panel fabric, new head lights, paint job and bed liner. I have new shocks on but I need to replace bushing on antisway bars to lower arm. Then it is time for tires and alignment.
20191211_080751.jpg
20191211_080814.jpg
20191211_080847.jpg
20191211_080905.jpg
20191211_080917.jpg

I have 128K miles and plan to keep using the truck for road trips and fishing towing my boat. I will add some pictures once I get new tires on it.

Nice lookin' truck, man! If your plans ever change and you don't want to keep it, I'm in Austin and would buy that in a heartbeat.

Nice license plate frame.

In order to carry my spare tire and my kayak I had to find a way to mount the spare tire in bed standing up instead of laying down. The under frame carrier broke about 12 years back and I never replaced it. I bought a kit from Amazon RIGID HITCH INCORPORATED in-Bed Spare Tire Bracket (RHTC-35L). I have it on passenger side behind the wheel well. Beyond that just some regular maintenance.

20230111_101725.jpg

Your truck is in amazing condition. How many miles on it now?

Milage is 135K. I bought it new in 1997 at Tempe Toyota. It was used mostly for highway trips or going off roading. I lived in Phoenix area from 1997 to 2016 when we moved to Texas. I have always owned motorcycle and they were my daily commute to work that is why mileage is so low. It has been over Baja 1000 course on two different occasion as crew support (carrying tires, gas, parts, etc.... ). In late 2018 a friend of my brother in law that runs an auto body shop did repaint (Gonzo's Collision Center Groves, TX). Local shop in Round Rock, TX did my door panel work. For all maintenance I did not want to do Tempe Toyota did it from 1997 to 2016 and now in TX Cedar Park Toyota does work. Most recent thing was front rear diffs, transfer case and transmissions fluid replace. Mostly what the truck does these days is carry my kayak or an every other week run to grocery store. My primary drive is 2016 LC200. Still have motorcycle but these days I work from home so most things just sit in garage or drive way. At least once every 3 months someone will ask if its for sale, answer is always no.

One owner, fully maintained and repainted. No wonder you have people asking To buy it.
Mine was on kayak duty for many years going fishing about once a week. These are amazing trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom