First Time to Ocala (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Irish Reiver

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
I need to go to Gainesville to pick up a set of manual seats for my 80 so I thought I would stop by Ocala and spend a night in the tent and maybe see what off roading is available.
Can anyone recommend a decent campsite and a few choice trails. I am heading there Friday afternoon but need to be in Gainesville by Saturday afternoon so time is limited.

The place is huge. Only been once. Juniper springs was a beautiful place to BBQ and for a cold swim. Hard Rock Offroad park is right there if you want someplace more challenging.

Juniper is great and has state park camping sites. Big scrub is a little more rustic but everyone is on top of each other. Great for hunters that know each other. Hard Rock has camping. SilverSprings also has a campground and is a nice place to visit. ALWAYS check the hunting season before venturing out into public lands.

Ill be heading there April 5-8. Check out Lake In The Forest for camping. They have nice amenities, including a heated pool. If you have a GPS check this place out. Its not far from the camp location.

N 29°06.458' W 081° 41.492

Watch out for exploding bombs and lasers. :)

Thanks guys. Looks like Juniper Springs is the one the kids like most. Looks like I am a day late to make a reservation so I will have to hope that the first come first served options are still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom