Firewall/ trans tunnel grommet & rubber plug location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a good spot to pass wiring through the trans tunnel or near it for a yellow box calibration harness. I cannot seem to locate from the underside and I have yet to pull around the center console to find it since the yellow box is still in transit. If anyone can provide a good existing location to pass the wiring through so the box can sit in the glove compartment, I’d greatly appreciate it!

I just put in a yellow box and found a grommet in the driver foot well just aft of the foot rest and under the carpet. Pull out the plastic strip that holds down the carpet and pop out the grommet from below. It is black plastic and 1/2 dollar sized. I took a hacksaw to the edge and cut out a small wedge to allow the small cable to come through.

i can take pictures this AM if you can’t find it and want to see how I routed the wire from the rear of the transfer case up through the grommet and into the footwell.

best Regards,

todd

I just put in a yellow box and found a grommet in the driver foot well just aft of the foot rest and under the carpet. Pull out the plastic strip that holds down the carpet and pop out the grommet from below. It is black plastic and 1/2 dollar sized. I took a hacksaw to the edge and cut out a small wedge to allow the small cable to come through.

i can take pictures this AM if you can’t find it and want to see how I routed the wire from the rear of the transfer case up through the grommet and into the footwell.

best Regards,

todd
If you wouldn’t mind grabbing some photos of that, I’d greatly appreciate it! I’m hoping to make the install seamless and not have wires running all over the place.

Not great pictures, but should give you a general sense of locations and how I ran the cable into the footwell.

7DDABDE2-E306-4AD2-852C-8A38C86A73EC.jpeg

D0334A98-640F-4ED7-8552-37898973E36D.jpeg

C5A986C2-7424-451E-881B-5F722D413B1B.jpeg

Sorry for the poor iPhone photo. The grommet you want is at the bottom of the photo that got a little of my thumb. It is roughly where the W is on the weather tech mat.
good luck.

todd

Ignore the larger looking plug, but you want the one that shows the cable going through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom