firewall insulation... how'd you done it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents,

Thinking of slapping an A/C into the rig to make driving more comfortable. But before i proceed to looking around what A/C system best fit into the cruiser, i would like to request help from you guys if how did you insulate the firewall so as not heat from engine bay enters the cab.

I will greatly appreciate your asistance on this. Would love to see picture of your insulated firewall and what sort of materials did you guys used.

TIA.

Regards,

gado

I will second his request. I drove from Bakersfield to Lake Isabella yesterday and it was 105 degrees. Had to take a dip in the ol mighty Kern.

That makes 3 of us :)

Someone has to have photos of an insulated firewall . . . I know the South American 40's have the firewall insulation....Checking out the Bandierante pages now....

Yeah, I put AC in mine and ran the adhesive dynomat stuff and luxury liner under the carpet. Made a big difference, but I would like to squeeze some more up higher on the firewall to help block heat/noise. Really, there's not much room, but I just cut pieces to fit and reached up there with the spray adhesive to hold it on. The Vintage Air is awesome....THAT is got to be the single best upgrade I've done. I'm a DD, too. On 100+ days, it'll still cool it nicely, but I have it cranked all the way up, usually. No problems with engine overheating, either. The truck doesn't even notice the AC is on...goodtimes.

Backo'... sounds like we have matching trucks! Cool..

the following link is the stuff I am going with. They have a forum section and gives alot of info, and or just call them tell them what your plans are and they can help. I plan on putting some on the inner firewall and some on engine area firewall and underhood. CCOT sells an undermatt that has a foil side and it goes under the front area under feet and over trans hump but does not go up on firewall, they also have the matching piece for the rear cargo area. I have not installed yet but those pieces are about 1/2-3/4" thick

Super Soundproofing, Co.

Rob

Firewall insulation

Maybe this will help you.
And it cost very cheap and very effective.
It is only USD 3.00 - USD 5.00 per metre, not per foot.

Thank you.
IMG_2183.jpg
IMG_2185.jpg

Maybe this will help you.
And it cost very cheap and very effective.
It is only USD 3.00 - USD 5.00 per metre, not per foot.

Thank you.

Holy Crap!! That's a battery out of my Cummins 625hp diesel engine!!

Before going the insulation route, I have some tips.

Check for small even pencil sized holes in your firewall and floorboards. A handful of holes in your floorboards and firewall will let a lot of heat through. Fill them with silicone if you can.

Try fastening metal heat shields (you can bend them yourself or dumpster dive behind a muffler shop) to your exhaust pipe, particularly under your drivers side.

A rubber mat will do wonders under the feet.

Hope that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom