Finishing garage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a home and it has a 2 car detached garage. I plan on finishing it with insulation and some plywood. The main question is do I finish the ceiling part? There are eve vent all around under the gutters. Do I install any roof vents? Powered or non powered.it is very hot right now. It will receive a ductless inverter unit for heat/cool.PO crap in garage in these pics

C36F5C47-AFC0-451B-9832-7FF52A3FAAD8.jpeg

C671381F-DC17-4F77-A610-3F44065944C9.jpeg

If your going to insulate the ceiling you need to use the foam vent troughs that are about 4 feet long keep the air flow from the eves so the insulation doesn’t block the flow and use turtle backs on the roof or powered ones if there is no ridge vent at the peak of the roof.

Even if I left space from beams toward center of roof line? no roof vents of any kind at the moment. I don’t need to be air tight just slightly better than it is now

That picture helps a lot thanks

If your in a hot climate and you even just Sheetrock without insulation you’ll need to vent it. Your shingles will typically curl and get baked from the bottom up. Your insurance company will deny the claim if you suffer any weather damage and put fault on the work performed.

I’m betting you can call a roof contractor and have them install a turtle back on each side of the roof for $2-400 in labor or google the install practices and DIY. Roof guy should be able to install each one in 40 min or less in my opinion.

Putting in a ridge vent and allowing air movement from eves to ridge will help to keep it cooler. There is no ridge vent now since everything is open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom