Finally my new nav system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not really sure why. When you look at the diagrams, the controllers still use a wire for each position. For example, the main air unit has a stepper motor that switches between floor, split, and upper vent modes. Seems like you "could" take an arduino relay board and a small touch sceen and bypass all of it. Lots of splicing unless you can get connectors or pull pins and replace.

I'm not really sure why. When you look at the diagrams, the controllers still use a wire for each position. For example, the main air unit has a stepper motor that switches between floor, split, and upper vent modes. Seems like you "could" take an arduino relay board and a small touch sceen and bypass all of it. Lots of splicing unless you can get connectors or pull pins and replace.

Sounds like you know how to deal with it. Please prototype and share your results. Thanks!

Sounds like you know how to deal with it. Please prototype and share your results. Thanks!

Yes please we need somebody tech savvy to make this happen. My only gripe with the 100 would be the archaic nav system. Wish there was a way to update.

I've researched the diagrams a lot, but have yet to hack in and risk my truck. I think that's where/why robred stopped development. As a plug and play kit that looks stock, it's cost prohibitive. As a one off custom install, you have more options to make it work.

Best I can tell, you need the non nav panel trims with the manual buttons which is $$$$. I haven't been able to decipher if you can just "intercept" the original signals from the hard buttons and touchscreen or if you need a new a/c computer in order to maintain the logic. That's maybe more money, but depends on what matters to you. Personally, I want the idiot factor intact. The key with the computer is cycling the a/c compressor when the car is on, the fan is running and you press defrost. I'm dumbing this down a bit but you get the idea.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, you can toss the factory computer and build an arduino with relays direct to the factory control points. You still need to decide on factory buttons or if you want to use something like a touchslide or android integration. Again, not "easy" and not supportable as a kit, which is why it hasn't been done, but I don't see impossible. Personally, I'm interested in factory a/c non nav controls, but more or less an iPad/tablet interface for everything else. I've seen some slick docking stations that hook up with android and allow you to pull odbII codes, control music, and pull maps...and you can take it with you when you park.

You need to look into a relay that starts the Android unit when you unlock your doors. That will eliminate that 45 second wait as it runs while you get into the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom