Finally joined up! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pardion

SILVER Star
Threads
Well I had a nice visit from FJ not CJ. So I finally joined up I think. so this is a test. Thanks John Pardi, Camino Calif. with a few cruisers. namely a 1960 fj25.

Welcome John! Thanks again for being such a kind host and tour guide, you don't know how nice it was for me to get away from that motel!

"A few cruisers"...Ha! You are not a packrat, more like a Cruiser Librarian, so organized...a good thing!

Looking foreward to your buildup thread, post lots of pics...

Phil

Spy photo taken with one of those camera phones :eek: Very solid body
pardi 25.jpg

Archie 1962 FJ25 said:
Another FJ25 with those big tires on stock wheels....!!

Which tires are those John?
Thanks for the welcome , those tires on the 25 are 15" 40 rims with mud and snows,and stock hubcaps. The larger tires on the right are on my 1963/40.

Hey John!

Glad you made it here. (You passed the test. :) )
Since Phil is all over the place, maybe we can make him the official unnanounced visitor. ;)

Might want to check those front wheels....with stock axles FJ40 rims need about 1/4" to 1/2" of spacers so they don't hit the tie rod. PO of mine left me with about 1/2 the wheel stud engaged in front. :eek:

Hmmmm, three John P.'s now. :rolleyes:

Hey John - welcome aboard!! :D :D

And, another green 25!! You're in good company. (Let's see some more pics of your rig.)

How are your brakes??

Looking at your TLCA#, you've obviously been into Cruisers for quite a while. What else do you have in the FJ department?

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Hey John!

Glad you made it here. (You passed the test. :) )
Might want to check those front wheels....with stock axles FJ40 rims need about 1/4" to 1/2" of spacers so they don't hit the tie rod. PO of mine left me with about 1/2 the wheel stud engaged in front. :eek:
Jim, I will be doing the opposite plan of attack on my front axles, an fj40 drum brake axle with 1958/25 stock wheels. My stock 1960 axles will be for sale. John Pardi

Landcruisersteve said:
Hey John - welcome aboard!! :D :D

And, another green 25!! You're in good company. (Let's see some more pics of your rig.)

How are your brakes??

Looking at your TLCA#, you've obviously been into Cruisers for quite a while. What else do you have in the FJ department?
Steve, the original color was a cream color like antique white, I don't know what color it will be yet, I have not checked the brakes, I'm going to use a later front axle with drums and 3.70 gears, and the rear will be a centered diff,40 brakes and 3.70 gears. 4/fj40's, 2/fj45 trucks, John Pardi

pardion said:
I'm going to use a later front axle with drums and 3.70 gears, and the rear will be a centered diff,40 brakes and 3.70 gears.

Out of curiosity, any particular reason you're not going with front disks if you're doing an axle swap anyway? (Or do you just happen to have a front drum axle laying around?)

Are you going to be swapping out the master cylinder also? Single circuit, dual w/ booster??

What years are your FJ40s?

Archie 1962 FJ25 said:
since I joined this forum still I feel like a newbie with just one cruiser "1962 FJ25" :confused:
Archie, merely owning a single FJ25 automatically earns you seasoned veteran status in my book.

Landcruisersteve said:
Out of curiosity, any particular reason you're not going with front disks if you're doing an axle swap anyway? (Or do you just happen to have a front drum axle laying around?)

Are you going to be swapping out the master cylinder also? Single circuit, dual w/ booster??

What years are your FJ40s?
1969 single circut no booster, drums will work fine on this 25, it will not be my Rubicon Trail rig, 63/40,64/45,66/45,69/40,70/40,73/40 John Pardi

pardion said:
1969 single circut no booster
That's the exact transplant I recently made on my 25. (And I believe LivingInThePast has it on one of his 25s as well.) That particular MC appears to work perfectly. It's the rest of the brake system giving me the fits.

Nice collection of FJs in your stable. Anxious to see pics of them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom