Filling seams (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.imagestation.com
Well I am doing a little more resto. work than planned with my project :p. I finished making the rear quaters and started to tack some other parts in. I know I am going to be using POR15 followed by a good coat of Herculiner(interior). Would this enough to seal the seams on the panels or would it be a good idea to just to use seam sealer from CCOT ::)? Thinking I could also just take the TIG and "drip" seal.

I use duraback as an undercoating under the tub. Works great and prevents rust. Hercuilner on the inside. Best stuff ever. I would buy 3M panel sealer from NAPA. Just get a caulk gun and go for it. Much cheaper then CCOT for better stuff.

Does the NAPA/3M stuff get hard or does it stay pliable? Also does it take a coat of paint very well??

Thanks

Thanks for the tips guys. Getting some very mixed reviews about POR15. I've used it for other things and had no issues. Dont know if a bad batch has gone out or what. Herculiner is def. going on the inside, interested to know if the 3M stuff will take a paint and if its pliable or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom