file or drawing: mini steering gear bracket needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
Does anyone have the physical dimensions and angles for a mini-truck power steering mounting bracket for the gear box? I need to save some cash so I figured I could make that and buy a new pump. Maybe a PDF file or something similiar would be great.
Thanks. Dan

Just take the pieces of steel and tack them together after you have the gear bolted to the pedestal...

There are ample pics out here....this is really not that difficult.

Good luck!

-Steve

Thanks for the response.

So can I assume that the proper angle for the box is to match the steering wheel shaft? Also the steering shaft must run straight into the back of the box? If that is the case, shouldn't be too hard to do. Also, is the area that mounts to the frame boxed so it slips over the top?

I have Romer's link with great pictures, but does anyone have a link that can show me different vies of the mounting plate?

slickrock said:
So can I assume that the proper angle for the box is to match the steering wheel shaft?

Yes

slickrock said:
Also the steering shaft must run straight into the back of the box?

That would be ideal, but it will tolerate some angle within the limits of what the rag joint will take. Maybe 15 degrees. The mini box is about 3/4 inch longer toward the steering wheel than the manual box.

slickrock said:
Also, is the area that mounts to the frame boxed so it slips over the top?

Not boxed, but most I have seen use a piece of angle iron that fits on the top and outer side of the frame.

I finally have the parts so one more try with the post. Can anyone take some close up pics for me and possibly take measurements and angles so I can fab up the mount. Thanks.

maybey i get lucky but i notch the steering mount with the pickup box onit then bend it down till the angle is right then gusset and weld it solid been runing these for years only tried it with newer trucks with rag joints use the newer box mount on older trucks and it works also and uses the 4 mounting bolts and nuts and it doesnt cost much good luck either way you go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom