Fergytoy"s 1978 FJ40 frame off resto. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey thanks so much. I'm really looking forward to getting my cruiser back on track. My 9 year old says thanks too. We actually got it started today for the first time in 5 years. So far so good.

Great, Great build. I really appreciate the way you navigated the "all original" vs "beneficially modified" repair work. I'm from GJ also. I'll keep an eye out for your cruiser around town.

My beautiful wife Michele passed away on February 4 this year in my arms at Hopewest Hospice here in Grand Junction. She fought a long and difficult battle with cancer.
She was my constant companion on many 4wheeling/camping adventures through out Colorado and Utah. She has left a void in my life that I can never fill. I will continue to get out on the trail and enjoy all that God has given us while reflecting on the many memories she shared in my life.

So it begins. Been wanting to do a frame-off restoration for quite a few years now but have been putting it off over the last 5 years for several reasons. My wife has been pushing me to start it and make it a winter project.

I purchased the side/rear quarter panels from CCOT in 2008 and held on to them for this ocassion. My 40 is a JAN 1978 model and I had purchased it from the original owner in 2000 in Pennsylvania. The PO was in the Navy and had purchased it new when he was stationed in southern California. He gave me all the original California registrations since it was new. Have the original Owners Manual, plug-in trouble light and canvass door straps as well.

Hope to have it done in time for Spring but it may take a bit longer. Mechanically it is nearly 100% but taking care of body rust issues was my main focus. I'll post pics as it goes along as I know these build threads are worthless without pics.........:)
Hi Fergy! Look who's here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom