Trade FEELER: Built 97 LX450 for 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First of all I want to say this is ONLY A FEELER. Due to the growing needs of having a more family compliant vehicle, I am considering trading my LX for a 100 Series.

Basic Information:
185K Miles
2nd Owner- lived life before as mall crawler of family friend
Rust- Only rust is on the factory hitch receiver. Houston truck from 97 until 2008 when purchased. In Colorado for 4 years, now back in the South.
Clean Title with no accidents.

Maintenance:
Full Engine Rebuild @ 175K miles by The Cruiser Company in Little Rock Arkansas. (PM me for details)
Front Axle Rebuild @ 180K miles
Oil changes @ 5K miles intervals with exclusively Mobil1 synthetics and oil filters.
All gear oil changed @ 180K miles to Lucas Gear Oil.
Inquire about other maintenance as you feel necessary

Mods:
Hella 4000 Rally Euro Beam Lights with Parking Light Accessory
DBA 4000 Series Slotted Front Rotors
OME Heavy Suspension with SLEE Adjustable Rear Panhard
6 BFG KO/AT tires with 8K miles on them (2 have around 50K)
MetalTech Sliders with VERY MILD ROCK RASH (I have ensured no rusting by repainting them) Request closeups if desired
Mule Expedition Rack 3/4 Length with Tire carrier (One cross member is damaged) Request closeups if desired
ARB High Output Compressor with Hose Attachments

Damage:
Some surface scratches on the LF quarter panel
Mild Rock Rash on sliders
Exhaust resonator removed (exhaust dumps right after muffler)
Two very small dings on RR quarter panel
Rear Hitch tow points bent from wheeling (Request closeups if desired)
Broken Antenna Mast

This truck has been very meticulously cared for since I took possession of it 4 years ago. It's been my dream truck since the day I bought it and I still am reluctant to even think about letting it go, but again this is a FEELER to see what my options might be.

PRICE: $15,000

I know it's a high price, but with the equipment on it and a $5000 engine in it, I think it's fair. My mechanic @ the Cruiser Company told me he wouldn't accept any less than 15K if he was selling it. He does $50000 rebuilds on Cruisers all the time.

If you're interested PM and I'll get whatever you need to you. Thanks for looking.
CIMG0020.jpg
CIMG0032.jpg
CIMG0023.jpg

Last edited:
As she sits currently

Most recent pics
CIMG0083.jpg
CIMG0094.jpg
DSC05046.jpg

More interior space primarily... its tight for 6 or 7 people.

PS--- Price and trade are negotiable.

Ive got 2 100 series...both locked, with 160k and 170k...everything is for sale if you're realistic on "value"...you just talkin or are you ready to do biz?

Ive got 2 100 series...both locked, with 160k and 170k...everything is for sale if you're realistic on "value"...you just talkin or are you ready to do biz?

That's code for "My 99 Cruiser is only worth $10k, and I don't want to pay out of pocket to boot."

Nice LX, is it locked. How about some interior shots and engine picks. Do you have any specifics on the rebuild, like a parts list, invoice or something so we can see what all was done?

Thanks,
Jeremy

That's code for "My 99 Cruiser is only worth $10k, and I don't want to pay out of pocket to boot."

Nice LX, is it locked. How about some interior shots and engine picks. Do you have any specifics on the rebuild, like a parts list, invoice or something so we can see what all was done?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sig line says OEM locked

Thanks, sweet truck definitely with the lockers.

I read the add as a trade, I didn't catch the 100 series only. I was hoping for a trade for my 40.

Best of luck,
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. Yeah honestly I know I am being picky, but it's because the truck is perfect for ME, not for all the people who have to ride in it.
As an aside, my 3 year old niece took a nose dive in her grandmothers arms out of the back seat. An emergency room visit and many tears later, I just don't think it's as good of a compromise as I once thought as a family truck and trail-decimater.
The reason I didn't put the specs of the engine is because I don't want to put anything that wasn't replaced and I was too impulsive in posting the thread to dig through my records to find the receipt. I'll do it this weekend along with interior pics.

Belmont: In regards to the comment about the broker, I feel the same way. No offense, but this truck has never been just another set of wheels for me and I won't be letting it go to a broker. If I wanted to do that I'd take it to the nearest dealership and trade it in.

I'd also consider any cruiser with a diesel as they make me weak in the knees.

Truck is located in Searcy as stated in the Avatar, willing to meet within a reasonable drive for any serious inquiries for a test drive.

UPDATE:

Engine Rebuild Details:
New Distributor Cap/Rotor
NGK V SPrak plugs
Toyota Ignition Wire Set
Dexron III ATF
New Pistons, CAM shafts, Valve Springs, Gaskets.
Engine completely disassembled, cleaned, and balanced after rebuild by The Cruiser Company in Dec 2009.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I love these amateurs...

Last edited:
Thanks Jeremy. Yeah honestly I know I am being picky, but it's because the truck is perfect for ME, not for all the people who have to ride in it.
As an aside, my 3 year old niece took a nose dive in her grandmothers arms out of the back seat. An emergency room visit and many tears later, I just don't think it's as good of a compromise as I once thought as a family truck and trail-decimater.
The reason I didn't put the specs of the engine is because I don't want to put anything that wasn't replaced and I was too impulsive in posting the thread to dig through my records to find the receipt. I'll do it this weekend along with interior pics.

Belmont: In regards to the comment about the broker, I feel the same way. No offense, but this truck has never been just another set of wheels for me and I won't be letting it go to a broker. If I wanted to do that I'd take it to the nearest dealership and trade it in.[/QUOTE

Well, if each others ideas of realistic were more in line with each other I'd just have another mudder or employee buy it for me...lol...I'll give you way more for it than Johnny's Used Carmax will on "trade" as I can move it to an exporter. Just throwing it out there, she's your baby...You won't hurt my feelings. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom