Events/Trails February 2021 Day Run to Lagomarsino Petroglyphs (1 Viewer)

Will you attend?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
What: Day Run
When: Saturday February 20, 2020 @9AM
Trailboss: @Krusty Krab (?)
Where: Lagomarsino Petroglyphs
Meet Up: Maverik Adventure's First Stop
Travel Time: 4-5 hours
What to Bring: Cool weather gear (layers), water, snacks, lunch, chairs, recovery gear, HAM radio.
Frequencies: 146.460 alt 146.052

Use the poll to RSVP so we know who to expect and how many rigs will be on the trail.

Details

Normally this is a mild-to moderate run with some light riverbed crossings. The last obstacle before we park for lunch and on-foot exploring is a steep hill with a tight approach angle coming out of a water crossing. Lower vehicles or vehicles with big butts will struggle here. Recommend 33-inch tires or bigger and a rugged rear bumper (ask me how I know!). The terrain changes frequently in this region, so come prepared for mud and snow too.

Here is a record of the trip we took in 2019.

Some folks head to Virginia City Jerky Company after this run. It is a 15 min drive from were we dump out onto Geiger Grade Rd.

1610778922955.png

Last edited:
Will likely be there... May have friends in tow in their Jeeps.
I didn't know you associated with "those" people. :hillbilly:

JK we have had almost every make of 4W vehicle on this run, it's a fun trip.

I didn't know you associated with "those" people. :hillbilly:

JK we have had almost every make of 4W vehicle on this run, it's a fun trip.
Well I WAS trying to convert him but he was never able to find an 80 or GX that he wanted/liked. Ended up with the heep but whatever, long as they are getting out!

Count me out, planning on getting the 40 into the garage and dropping the front axle.

I'll be there. The weather won't really be conducive to an open cab but I'll be in the 40. Probably gonna have some light snow on Friday and highs in the upper 40s. Dress warm and be ready for muddy or frozen ground. Lets hope it is frozen🥶⛅

Our new puppy that was supposed to arrive on the 15th is now arriving on the 20th pending cooperative weather in Texas. If that is the case, I may not make it as I'll be helping the wife with the new 4 legged monster. I"ll know more on Friday- I'd like to come if we can make it work.

I sooo want to go, but I have to take the HAM General exam on Saturday. Next month though!

Next month is the Campout! So far it looks like we are heading to Dixie Valley (out near Sand Mountain/Fallon) but there is a poll on places mentioned in the last meeting and of course new places can be suggested in the comment. As usual I am FLOODED with participants on that thread! (sarcasm) ;)

Don’t think that I can make it. My turbo has decided that containing its oil is not a priority. I’m not sure when my new one will be here either.

Don’t think that I can make it. My turbo has decided that containing its oil is not a priority. I’m not sure when my new one will be here either.
Well that sucks! Post in the forum if you ever want a trail partner for an impromptu trail run.

I'm out. Prepping for back surgery next week, gotta tie up loose ends this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom