Feb Wrenching Meeting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Guys,

I admit, I have not made it to meeting yet, most of you don't know me, but a few do. I want to have a wrenching meeting at my place in Uptown and try to get my rig ready for my first Roundup. I missed last year. I have to bolt down the tub and patch some holes in it, wire in my 350 TBI to the main harness/ignition/cluster, plumb in fuel system, plumb/install disc brakes and install my Saginaw PS kit. I have all the tools except a welder and I have everything just sitting there ready to go. I want to accomplish this with my hands and your help plus meet the LSLC Dallas chapter guys...what's in it for you? I will make/feed you endless smoked babyback ribs and ply each and every one of you with excellent beer if you're willing to bring your skills, experience, and expertise. I know this is a big task, it's monster garage worthy I believe. I need help.

Any takers? I need to estimate how many racks of ribs to buy...........:hmm:

Last edited:
time

Decide on a time.

I would be glad to help as long as the time is right. And if you have 220V outlet I can bring my welder, but if its only for the tub repairs I can bring the little miller.

I am also trying to finish up everything on my landcruiser so it will be ready for the Round Up.

I'm open Fridays and Saturdays all day ANY day, and Sundays until 2pm when my workweek starts. Early until late. Any weekend or weekends coming up.

Welding would only be for tub repairs>110V is fine, unless you wanna tap into the 220V wires at my breaker box in the garage like my wood floor refinishing crew did once! Look on Mud for my thread about cutting floorpanel to replace the little section under driver's feet. Tell me what sheetmetal to get!

I'm serious about feeding you guys till you are happy!

Depending on the date, I can come and help. Less skills than Valkyrie.
Or since I work just up the road from uptown at Love Field, if it's a work day (I often work weekends) I'll come over and supervise and generally do nothing until I have to head to work around noon.
Pick a date.

i'd be willing to help, though i've got a retail gig that has me at work on saturdays and sundays. maybe in the evening for a few hours on a saturday could be made to work...

Since lucky 13 has the welding gear I'd say we work around him. I can cook ribs more than once if it's a multiple session gig, by the way. I love feeding people. Also, if any of you guys are bow hunters (i shoot traditional) I could get a hog hunting trip together for 2-3 of us. I hunt in Shackleford county, out past lucky 13's place.

Did you put the harness in the bucket yet?? :D I will be there when you guys figure the date possibly before then depends on th work schedule. And the answer to your text was yes you can.

OK tentatively the 21st as long as you guys wanna stay. Bleed over to the 22d if necessary.

Since lucky 13 has the welding gear I'd say we work around him. I can cook ribs more than once if it's a multiple session gig, by the way. I love feeding people. Also, if any of you guys are bow hunters (i shoot traditional) I could get a hog hunting trip together for 2-3 of us. I hunt in Shackleford county, out past lucky 13's place.

If you really want to hunt hogs, I have a friend who guides with his dogs. but you have to kill with a knife.

A little more intense that a gun or bow.

They do the same out in East Texas. Most recently they are catching alive , since their is a guy up in Poetry that buys them.

Put it on the calendar, for next SAT!!! Please send me a PM or email saying you will be there so I can buy the meat this week. Need beer preferences as well. I can give directions too.

Lucky 13 do we still have a welder?

Thanks guys.

ALex

Last edited:
We will make it by for a few hours...have chitlin obligations in the afternoon. Will I be able to p/u my tires/wheels so I can get my project :steer: off the trailer? You are welcome to use them again after I get it unloaded.

Perry-no prob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom