Features of Black Line Edition & Lift Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I’m new to this area of the forum and to the GX. I’m a Toyota guy and am finding it a bit daunting trying to lock down what features come with certain Lexus trims. I was hoping those that own a Black Line Edition can answer some questions for me.

• My first question is, do theses come standard with front and side cameras? It’s a bit of a non essential/superficial feature to most but I find it quite useful on the 200.

• The second is a bit more of a rabbit hole question, but in general, what is involved with installing a 1-2” lift on these? Does the height control feature limit your options?
Thanks so much!

You'll loose the "height control" with a lift. You gut the air bags, and the console switch becomes useless (or you can repurpose it). But do you really need height control after you've lifted your rig? I'm guessing probably not.

Maybe a little poll here:
Q: How many have ever used the height control on their GX's??

I had it on mine, never used it and after the lift, I've never looked back.

You'll loose the "height control" with a lift. You gut the air bags, and the console switch becomes useless (or you can repurpose it). But do you really need height control after you've lifted your rig? I'm guessing probably not.

I had it on mine, never used it and after the lift, I've never looked back.
Gotcha. The switch on the 2022+ is a touch pad, right?

Actually the Black Line edition just has standard suspension. It doesn't have the adjustable shocks (AVS) or rear airbags (RAHC)

2023 surround camera is standard in Black Line edition.... this wasn't available in Black Line for '22

Starting with 2022 there is touch pad on the right but you can still leverage touch screen

Exactly what I needed to know and good news re: suspension to boot. Thanks, @Acrad.

Actually the Black Line edition just has standard suspension. It doesn't have the adjustable shocks (AVS) or rear airbags (RAHC)

2023 surround camera is standard in Black Line edition.... this wasn't available in Black Line for '22

Starting with 2022 there is touch pad on the right but you can still leverage touch screen

I had it on my 4th gen 4Runner and used it when towing when hooking up the hitch and getting in and out of steeper parking lot entrances.
Other than that the auto leveling airbags was nice to have when I had a loaded vehicle to keep the rear at level instead of sagging.

I had it on my 4th gen 4Runner and used it when towing when hooking up the hitch and getting in and out of steeper parking lot entrances.
Other than that the auto leveling airbags was nice to have when I had a loaded vehicle to keep the rear at level instead of sagging.

This.

Great for towing, both connecting/disconnecting trailer and compensating for tounge weight.
Also handy if your dog is getting too old to jump in the back at normal height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom