Fault codes and mice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrMikeyG

SILVER Star
Threads
OK; 08 Tundra, SR5, 5.7 Liter ,no mods, 149k . I left for work this moning and promptly had the 4lo flashing, the vscoff flashing, check engine light on and traction control light on. I pulled over at the next exit and check battery connections, and briefly went through fuses. Truck was running fine the whole time. I was worried after driving home in a period of really heavy rain yesterday that I finally had moisture in the AIP system.
fast forward a few hours; Pulled into a firestone where regular maintenance gets done and had them pull codes; c1201 (ecm malfunction) and p3020 ? (whichever code is knock sensor). I started looking around the engine bay while in the parking lot and saw movement. Poops all over plastic engine cover, pulled that and see debris down in the "v" drivers side of engine under intake plenum.
Long story short, I have 2 mice in the engine bay and some fault codes. I'm now back at home and have 4 sticky traps placed around the engine bay. I've heard that dryer sheets are a deterrent for rodents, but can anyone verify. ?
How much disassembly am I in for to diagnose wiring related to those 2 codes?

Dryer sheets do work. I posted these pics before,
8FA90E47-881B-4414-96AA-CAA3615BBEA7.png
66B8F1D1-E966-4FB8-9835-3E1E38ACAB56.png
but the little bastids got into the console of my Tundra and had Thanksgiving. The truck was inside and regularly driven.

Stick the dryer sheets into the little cutouts around the perimeter of the engine bay.

Ok. will add those as well. Little bastards had grubby mechanics paws; I had 2 sticky traps with black paw prints but no creatures.

Are the traps fresh ? I have never seen a rodent escape from one. Dust will probably keep them from sticking. We had one guy who got two feet stuck in the trap, limped to the backyard with the trap on his back and finally died.

we've been using red licorice on the traps at work. same piece of licorice has caught three mice now.

i get the vsc off and abs lights occasionally, but i think mine is related to a unintended deep snow wheeling trip possibly compromising a connection.

The vsc trac lites may be on because of the other code.
Recently worked on a rav that was turning them in because of a p0420

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom