Fastest stock FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

must be a fairly strait road with sway bars, mine gets a little scetchy up at those speeds. im thinking of putting in a rear sway bar.

Bust that every time I run into town during commuter rush. ???

Mark...

75 is smooth as silk in th BJ, a little loud, but hey, my hearings bad anyway. 5 spd and no hills of course...

I did 90 in my 60, downhill of course.

90 mph is my best from recent testing to see if I fixed my drivetrain vibration.

Yeah, it's fixed. :D

OK I will now try to break the elusive 80MPH barrier on my way home tonight. If you hear a loud "BOOM" don't be scared it's just me.:D

I have been very close to 90, it did shake a bit.

long time ago, before lift, i had it right around 100 going straight down a hill. after lift - she shakes around 85

Mine was with a lift and 33x12.50s. No shaking. That was about a year ago though, I don't know how she'd do now.

I did a rebuild on my transmission and I'm breaking in my rig after buying it in October. I've got a ways to go but I did get her up to 62 yesterday. That was a good step for me. I'll break 65 soon and edge closer to you guys.

I was going 70 with no problems. I was also keeping up with traffic which is kind of weird for me since people are usually riding my tail or blasting past me on the California freeways. Realized later my speedometer's off by ~10%. Things suddenly became more clear. Ran fairly smooth for 77mph on overused Cal freeways.

I just got mine from the original owner about 3 weeks ago. its got a few small issues but i caught myself about 72mph the other night felt great. had lots of poop left

Here's a couple of vids from mine. This is off my cell phone. The truck is very quiet and has minimal vibrations at that speed, but the microphone on my phone must be very sensitive. Anyway, I've pushed it up to 80 and beyond several times and almost every day I drive it I hit 75 or so just with traffic. When I first got it, I had it over 90. I'll try to get some vids of that, if she'll still pull it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3020039354529848487

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8485190905456318664

I regularly Free Wheel down from Mt Bachelor at 75 plus..all you can hear or feel are the Mud T's roaring a little, there are of course NO tight turns in this section of road @ 75 no way it would hold any g-forces in a tight turn....

Going UP to Mt Bachelor I regularly get down to 40ish in third (4spd) and all you can hear is the 2F roaring at 3K rpm..I get passed a lot..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom