1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast Start-up Idle and EGR Code?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by halfshaft5, Jul 13, 2005.

1. halfshaft5

halfshaft5

I have seen many TB cleanigs on the site but noone has a Check engine light, or at least they didn't mention it. I check the EGR valve with a vacuum gun and it moves pretty good. If I disconnect the battery then its fine until you drive a while, 10-15 miles and then it comes on again and repeat. I have replaced some vacuum switches that seem to have low voltage etc... still no luck, I don't want to go broke fixing this thing and don't want to have to keep unpluging the battery. Any suggestions, Should I bite the bullet and put a new EGR in or what. Just a concern :confused: need some advice to get the wife off the back. thanks and God BLess

Mcihael :D

2. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

which egr code are you getting and what year truck are you driving with how many miles? A little help here can go a long ways.

3. Texus

Texus

Don't buy it yet!!!!!!!!

Dude... the EGR valve may not be the issue... it's most most expensive part out of 3 poss. problems... VSV (vacuum switchy valve) EGR vacuum modulator (that thing munted to the side of the EGR... if that s***e don't work, then hit up the EGR valve & EGR temp sensor... I'm in this process right now... will post update after weekend...

4. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
  5. MLX450

MLX450

It might just be the modulator!

6. halfshaft5

halfshaft5

Replaced the vacuum switch valve. Its a 94 with 147,000.