Fairey OD for Split case FS in DC area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I've got this Fairey Overdrive that i bought a while ago for my 60.  I never got around to installing it, and now i'm thinking i'll head a different route now that i have a 40, too.

THe guy i bought it from bought it a few years back from a canadian guy who rebuilt it.  He drove it for a year or so, then pulled it to put in an H55f.  It's complete, in the box, with all the necessary items.

It'll fit anything with a split case (34mm idler shaft, not 38mm), and the 19 spline trans (which comes with the split case.

Let me know if you're interested.
Rob

Re: Fairey OD for Split case - For Sale?

I may be interested....

Rob

I may be interested. How much?

pm'd you. check your email.

Fairey is now officially for sale. I waffled a bit, but it's full on for sale now.

I have never installed it - it is still in the box. It will fit anything with a split case.

email me if you're interested.

Rob

bump. still need to sell it - gotta fund the 40 and the 60's getting an automatic...

Rob :D

Re: Fairey OD for Split case - For Sale NOW WITH P

Shoot me a pm with the price or better yet, just post it. :D

Still for sale.  If you've got something you'd like to trade, let me know. I could use a welder, some tires, and a header for my 40, but i'm open to guns etc.

Rob

Lo siento. It's $750 OBO

I run a fairy overdrive in my 1972 FJ40. I highly recommend it. I did get the installation instructions along with all the other paper work when I bought the cruiser if anyone needs a set of instructions for installation let me know.

I could be very interested in the OD. Hit me with PM for stuff you might like in trade. I have mutiple f/2f/3f/3fe motors and acc as well as 3 spd TCs, auto trannys etc... Would much perfer to trade as the wife cant find out!

Hit me with an email, and check yours. I'm more than willing to trade.

Rob

OK, i've got new tires, headers, etc. for my FJ40, and i stil have this Fairey OD for sale.

What i'd like now is to sell or trade this OD for a COMPLETE (that means the dist, coil, and ignitor) ignition system from an FJ60, plus cash or other parts.

Thanks
Rob

ttt

yes and no. The Fairey OD is a gear splitter, giving you and effective gear ratio increase of 27%. so you'd have first, first with od, second, second with od, etc. Great if you have 4.88's for daily driving like you had 4.11's.

As for it fitting behind the H55f, so long as it has the 19 spline output and the 34mm idler shaft, i don't see why it wouldn't fit.

Rob

[quote author=bernefj60 link=board=5;threadid=2658;start=msg35206#msg35206 date=1061916829]
yes and no. The Fairey OD is a gear splitter, giving you and effective gear ratio increase of 27%. so you'd have first, first with od, second, second with od, etc. Great if you have 4.88's for daily driving like you had 4.11's.

As for it fitting behind the H55f, so long as it has the 19 spline output and the 34mm idler shaft, i don't see why it wouldn't fit.

Rob
[/quote]
dose it go in front or rear of trans ??

It actually sits in lieu of the rear part of your spilt transfer case, effectively replacing the internals and the large, carrier portion of the case. The upside of this is no driveline modifications are necessary. the only thing you need to cut a hole in the trans hump to accept the shift lever.

Have you still got that Fairey O.D.?
I've got a complete FJ60 ignition system (dumped my 2F for turbo 3B diesel) and some other gasser goodies for partial trade, if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom