Factory service manual on CD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's the skinny on these CD rom factory service manuals? Do they cover the same stuff as the printed versions? Or is it just more of a pain in the arse to get to what you need?

Thanks,
Rookie2

i dont know rook but if you get one and it turns out to be a quality product please PM me about it ::)

Well they are cheap but they are hard to use.
If you could afford to get the printed one they are a lot better IMHO.

Rookie -

You do not mention which CD-ROM "factory service manual" - there are probably more variations than there are dog hairs on the cargo carpet...

I've worked with the Mitchell CD-ROM repair manual. If this is the one you are referring to, it is no substitute for the Toyota paper manual. I think the best advice would be to spring for the real deal. If you are going to work on your own truck, you'll need it.

Shoot a PM over to CruiserDan and ask him if can get one for your specific truck. Not cheap, but after the first big project, you'll be glad you did.

Cheers, R -

Roger that.

P'cruiser - The description says "factory shop manuals volume one and two, not Mitchell's or some cheap imitation".

It'd be $21 bucks and a lot of printing.

Thanks,
Rookie2

FYI - I've gotten a lot of emails and PM's about my dvd.

Answer is NO, I will not send it to you. I'm a big believer in copyrights and did the scan merely because I wanted something electronic. It's for personal use. If anyone wants to scan their own manual, it's pretty easy to do if you take it out of the binding. Just use a feeder.

So Junk, you have a DVD burner, and have never violated copyright laws?

Riiiiiiiiight.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

J, how much space does it take up in the computer? I don't have a burner.
What format or software did you use?
Any tips??????

Uhh.. Okay.

Sounds like a teaser for some hi-jack'n or maybe you're just a little crabby here lately :flipoff2:.

R2

[quote author=wob link=board=2;threadid=9514;start=msg83459#msg83459 date=1073059732]
So Junk, you have a DVD burner, and have never violated copyright laws?

Riiiiiiiiight.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
[/quote]

That's right Wob. Got the dvd writer so I could move all the home movies from video tape to something more permanent. My son will only be small once. Got a problem with that? :mad:

Want to accuse me of something else? :mad:

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=9514;start=msg83460#msg83460 date=1073059837]
J, how much space does it take up in the computer? I don't have a burner.
What format or software did you use?
Any tips??????
[/quote]

Landtoy,
It's all in indexed pdf and actually takes up quite a bit of room. I went to DVD so it's more portable in case I need it somewhere else.

The indexing is what took the most time. It's not completely indexed, but close enough for me.

Junk,

It's not a copyright infringment if we just store a backup copy for you for safekeeping ;)

No offense guys, but you are killing me.

Considering the prices of the trucks you are buying, and how much these manuals can save you, are you really going to cry that you can't afford the manuals?

I can understand Landtoy's questions since he uses his manual and it's getting used hard, but if you guys are just whining about buying it, then time to buck up.

any other info on what manual on CD is OK to get and/or easy to use?
apparently there are some genuine Toy ones out there...
eric

Eric,

Got your IM and sent you a message earlier.

Going the hardcopy route per above recommendations.

Rookie2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom