Factory 60 series winch bumper pics. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does any one have pictures of a factory installed electric winch on a sixty series? I'm looking to mount an old warn and want it to look like it belongs there. If anyone wants to get rid of a toyota winch bumper let me know.
Cheers,
Michael

i was in costa rica and my friend had a fj62 that he drove everywhere there. anyway my friend just welded on a short extension to the frame and mounted the bumper out a tiny bit further. looks pretty stock but its not.
P3260021 (Small).JPG

Waggoner5 - that thing is SICK!

HOLY APPROACH ANGLE DESTROYER BAT MAN! :eek:

That bumper sticks way out, I couldnt imagine that on a stock 60 with little tires :doh:

They're affectionatly referred to as 'porch-style' bumpers!

Thanks for the pics fella's. Wag.5 thats a beautiful rig wish I had the high top on my sixty. This is exactly the way I'm planning on setting it up. Nice porch for drinking beer on while the cable gets hooked up. Not too worried about the approach angle as I don't do much "hard core" wheeling just lots of muddy/ rutted/rocky roads and plenty of people to pull out of the ditch on the "driveway" to our place. Stinky looks like you've got yer boot caught in yer knickers there cowboy.....

Cheers,
Michael

Hey, the porch bumper is great for sitting on while waiting for border formalities here in Central America!! As for approach angle it's no worse than the departure angle so I'm not loosing any sleep over it. I've dragged the back of the '60 before but I have yet to get stuck on the front.

O.K. Waggoner5, fess up: how on God's green earth did you manage to get a Japanese spec HJ61 into the States legally?

And, how did you get around the EPA & DOT year requirements? That rig is too "young" ;)

Inquiring minds want to know :D
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

I am willing to bet its not legal??? either way its a super sick 60's series...

Its 100% legal (in Canada). Its tagged, insured and registered Calgary for formalities. I have to much in it to lose to have it here ilegally. It is in Texas right now but it has been back to Canada to check in. It is not illegal to own one, or even bring it down to the States. Its just that you cannot bring it in permanently without getting Customs involved. I took the easy route and imported to Canada, then drove it down here. Nothing illegal about it.

The bumper does stick out some but I haven't dragged it yet. It does get wheeled pretty hard at times. The bumper is a stock 62 bumper with extra rails that the winch sets in. It then has nice chrome covers for each side to trim it out and give you a place to have lunch.
P1010257.JPG

Here's a pic of a factory setup on an HJ60 I saw in Costa Rica
aaawincha.jpg

Yeah I guess so.
Mama just yelled at me "When are you going to shut the $)(T^&*( computer off and come too bed!!

Here's what one of the bumper extension/winch mount brackets look like.
Now if I could just find the other side. bracket.
aaawinchc.jpg

aaawinchd.jpg

awsome rig!!! but i don't understand what's the legal problem you all are talking about.

anyway great shape it looks brand new. i'm also impresed about the wheeling cause it doesn't look like you wheel that beauty at all. more like an auto show trck. very low miles

:cheers: :beer:

FL cruiser said:
Here's what one of the bumper extension/winch mount brackets look like. Now if I could just find the other side. bracket.

We have a variety of front porch bumpers, and brackets laying around from parted trucks. We can include complete a complete PTO set-up. Contact Sheldon at info@gscruiserparts.com for confirmation and pricing.

hth's

gb

Waggoner5 said:
Its 100% legal (in Canada). Its tagged, insured and registered Calgary for formalities. I have to much in it to lose to have it here ilegally. It is in Texas right now but it has been back to Canada to check in. It is not illegal to own one, or even bring it down to the States. Its just that you cannot bring it in permanently without getting Customs involved. I took the easy route and imported to Canada, then drove it down here. Nothing illegal about it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I'm begining to see the light...that's some good work right there ;)

I've been coveting those Japanese spec Cruisers for a couple of years now, especially the BJ70's and '74's and suffice it say, have been dismayed by all of the "formalities" involved.

Which importer did you use: Rising Sun, Luxury Imports, or ?????

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

"When you can grasp the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave Grasshopper"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom