Fabricating jacking points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Just wondering if some of you could post pics of Hi Jack jacking points you have fabricated and installed off the back of your 70 series rigs. Got the front end figured out, just need to see what to do in the rear. My "pretty" nerfs can't take the abuse, so I need to get something done up that attaches to the frame in the back, either from below the bumper or off either end of it. Pics would be great, written suggestions in "70 series fabrication for idiots" terms will do too!!

:beer:

I ripped the bumper off last night .. that would work for sure, but I want an aluminum bumper on there to store my jack and tools in too. I just thought that maybe I could get my fab guy to extend a jack point from that end point on the frame out to the end of each side of the bumper so that I could get the jack on it. I will have to talk to the dude today and see what he says.

Thanks D!

:cheers:

when you make the bumper insert a raised section on the bottom to insert the jack into. even a 1/2" X 2" is enough to make the jack more stable...

will do Wayne .. I got my fab guy on it. I got some pics off the net actually. I didn't realize the 74 bumper was such a POS! Two pieces of light weight crud on both ends of the frame end. I told him I want to store the jack INSIDE the bumper .. can't wait to see what he comes up with for that.

:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom