F62 Headlight Retrofit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just had a minor accident with my F62, and I will have to replace the right headlight and housing - are there any retrofit options out there besides keeping OEM parts? I was interested in switching to round headlights, or even going to xenon lights if available. Does anyone have an idea of good sources/catalogs for retrofit parts?

Darren

a good upgrade is Hella H-4's, the are plug and play and good deal brighter than the stock sealed beams or even a halogen seal beam. Unless you upgrade the wiring harness you need to stick to the stock wattage. And no one makes a pre made harness for the 4 lamp fj62 headlight set up :(

everyone has great things to say about these guys
http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/hella/headlamp.htm
your looking for the 5¾" Round H4 E-Code Kits. Four Headlamp Systems.

I get my lights localy, either at my buddies shop or a wholesaler my girlfirend has an account with. In out fj62 I only upgraded the outside lights, the insides are still the originals Kioto's(sp) :)

John

I've been running Hella's H-4's for about 2 years. If you stick to the stanard lamp (50/65 watts) you shouldn't have any issues using your stock wiring harness. If you go crazy and want to light up the north 40 then you'll have to upgrade the wiring. If I remember each H-4 was about $35 +,-. One compromise would be to have the inside hi-beams set up w/ 100w lamps - this would keep your wiring to a minimum. BTW make sure that you get the adaptor/converter w/ the H-4's, the posts on the H-4's are different then a standard sealed-beam. Got mine from MAF complete w/ adaptor

Ming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom