F62 Headlight Retrofit

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by phoenix, Oct 10, 2003.

1. phoenix

phoenix

I just had a minor accident with my F62, and I will have to replace the right headlight and housing - are there any retrofit options out there besides keeping OEM parts? I was interested in switching to round headlights, or even going to xenon lights if available. Does anyone have an idea of good sources/catalogs for retrofit parts?

Darren

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    a good upgrade is Hella H-4's, the are plug and play and good deal brighter than the stock sealed beams or even a halogen seal beam. Unless you upgrade the wiring harness you need to stick to the stock wattage. And no one makes a pre made harness for the 4 lamp fj62 headlight set up :(

everyone has great things to say about these guys
    http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/hella/headlamp.htm
    your looking for the 5¾" Round H4 E-Code Kits. Four Headlamp Systems.

I get my lights localy, either at my buddies shop or a wholesaler my girlfirend has an account with. In out fj62 I only upgraded the outside lights, the insides are still the originals Kioto's(sp) :)

John

3. Ming89FJ62

Ming89FJ62 I smell bacon GOLD Star SILVER Star

I've been running Hella's H-4's for about 2 years. If you stick to the stanard lamp (50/65 watts) you shouldn't have any issues using your stock wiring harness. If you go crazy and want to light up the north 40 then you'll have to upgrade the wiring. If I remember each H-4 was about $35 +,-. One compromise would be to have the inside hi-beams set up w/ 100w lamps - this would keep your wiring to a minimum. BTW make sure that you get the adaptor/converter w/ the H-4's, the posts on the H-4's are different then a standard sealed-beam. Got mine from MAF complete w/ adaptor

Ming

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.